quitting smoking

With this pregnancy and my last I immeadiatly quit smoking, it's been a rough week so I lit my 1st cigg tonight and I hate to admit it tasted SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. I don't want to smoke again and I don't think I will very often it's been 3 months already.

Did you ladies quit smoking when you we're pregers? did you go back to it when you had the baby?

I didn't smoke with the first two pregnancies. I did smoke with the third because I really didn't care anymore. He was healthy and fine.

I realise cigs aren't good for you......but neither is huffing fumes from the interstate. Neither is being fat. Neither is eating fried foods. Neither is a whole bunch of things.

The lobbyist against cig smoking are Democrats....because the tobacco association refuses to give them any funds. It's the same group who said Viox was good for your heart....till years later it killed thousands. So..I don't listen to their crap. I do what I want because I'm a free person with a right to make choices.

If someone doesn't agree.....I don't care. The media doesn't make my decisions. I make my own......cause HOW MANY TIMES have they been wrong???????

Granted...smoking is NOT good for you and is a nasty habit. But ...so is farting.

Democrats huh? LOL!! I thought it was insurance companies.

When Gregs mom had him she said the hospital had complimentry marbrlos and you could smoke in the room

smoking is bad for you, but as merika pointed out so are a lot of things. You only live once so you might as well enjoy it...though long term smoking isnt a good idea.

I'm not a lobbyist but I do like the fact that smokers have less and less territory to smoke in. I can't believe the tobacco companies are even allowed to stay in business knowing full well what they sell is not only habit forming but fatal to many people. I honestly can't understand why cigs can be sold but pot is still illegal.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I smoked with both my pregnancies. I did cut down a lot though. I was told by my doctors that quitting was just not a good idea as it would put too much stress on the baby , just to cut down so I did. My babies were born average babies and healthy so no harm done there.

Krystal smokes too and has been smoking for the past 3 years (I found out last year). She smoked through her pregnancy as well and erika was at an average birth weight. Her doctor also told her not to quit, just to cut down a bit. the stress is worse for the baby then the smoking is.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I honestly can't understand why cigs can be sold but pot is still illegal.
    I don't put them in the same category at all. One is mind and character altering....the other is a horrible habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I honestly can't understand why cigs can be sold but pot is still illegal.
    One is mind and character altering....the other is a horrible habit.
    So is booze but it's legal.

The only reason I categorize them the same is because they are both habit forming.

You can tell I'm a non smoker and I actually hate the fact that our dad smoked in the house, doors closed, windows closed, etc.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Yeah.....but had he been smoking pot....you would be retarded!

I'm just joking with you. My son and his wife both stopped smoking the minute she found out she was pregnant for the very reason you just stated. It's NOT fair for kids to have to breathe it and smell it in their clothes. If I could do it all over again.....I wouldn't smoke or let anyone ever smoke in my house. It's a nasty habit.

Thread Information