Hope Harder to Come By, Obama Finds

One year in, hope harder to come by, Obama finds - Yahoo! News

Hopping from crisis to crisis, he told ABC, "we lost some of that sense of speaking directly to the American people about what their core values are and why we have to make sure those institutions are matching up with those values."
    Obama took office with a sky-high 74 percent approval rating and two-thirds of Americans expecting him to be an above-average, maybe even outstanding, president.
    His approval rating's down to 56 percent now, and only about four in 10 people see him as an above-average chief executive.

Much has gone right, though: The Dow Jones industrials average, below 8,000 when Obama took office, dipped to 6,500 last spring but now is back above 10,000. Troop levels in Iraq are down to 111,000 from nearly 140,000 a year ago. With the economy back on firmer footing, banks and automakers have repaid $165 billion of the money the government spent to bail them out.
    What do you see for Year 2? Will his approval rating go up or down?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Hope Harder to Come By, Obama Finds

From my perspective, approval rating means nothing. It's a shame so much attention is paid to it. This is the only president I've ever voted for in my lifetime. I did so because I believe in him. That's not going to change. In my opinion, his approval rating has dropped because people thought he was a miracle worker and that by voting for him, XY and Z was going to happen immediately. He was the first to tell us that change doesn't come over night. It's only been a year. He's done a lot in that year and he's learned a lot in that year. I think that the next year will be even better than the first one. JMO

The fed will continue to print money, which is driving down the dollar, the move up is only temporary, they will continue to lie about the real unemployment rate, too many people are unemployed and that's a big problem that they can't seem to fix, we are so overpaid compared to other countries. Taxes must go up eventually, stalling is only creating other problems. Inflation will get out of control, food and water will be harder to get your hands on as prices inflate especially if people panic. Morale seems to be getting lower and the securities threats seem to be on everyone's mind. The price of oil and gas will get higher, much higher. This whole health reform thing is a joke, he's just trying to prove he can do what no other president was able to do, and he was hell bent on doing it in his first year as president, I think it's obvious that's not going to happen. So to answer your question, Will his approval rating go up or down? I'm pretty sure it can only go further down from here. He'll put up a good fight, but the only way to win this battle is with smoke and mirrors and maybe a prayer

Sorry LS, but you're post wasn't there when I responded to Luba, but I understand that he is doing a heck of a job and he really wants to change things, much more than any other president during my lifetime, but there is only so much this man can do and I really hope for us, the troops and every other American citizen he can turn things around. He has his work cut out for him and I don't see how he is going to solve some of the problems this country is facing right now. It's going to get worse before it gets better, the real question is, how much worse?

Hi MP, I agree that things are going to get worse before they get better. I agree that we have many more jobless than what the general public is aware of. I visit the govt websites and belong to jobless forums where this information isn't a secret. Beats the heck out of me why the media won't report the real facts about this and why they keep telling us things are turning around for the better. They aren't! Until we bring the manufacturing jobs back that we've sent overseas because the labor is cheaper, the economy will be a long time a coming before it gets better.

Obama had a lot of leftover crap on his plate from the last president. I believe he's doing the best he can with what he was left with. Combined with his own agenda and efforts, considering everything, I think he's doing a hell of a good job.

Obama is and will continue to be bashed throughout his presidency. One for being black, two for being a democrat and three for having a HUGE vision for America. If Americans would stop fighting against him, they'd see what greatness he can bring about.

I have never supported a president before, but I sure as heck support this one and hope he wins re-election. I believe in President Barack Obama!

Yeah I know, he definitely has something to prove, and that's a good thing. This morning they had a psychic on the morning news and she said, well first of all, nothing is going to happen with 2012 but the economy will not recover until 2018

I disagree that having something to prove is a good thing. That makes a person more reckless. I think he has already shown that by trying to shove his health care reform down our throats without giving anyone a chance to really examine it. The government should not run anything but the government. They have already proven they can't do it with medicare and social security. When they agree to have the same coverage as me and go through the same hassles then I might look twice at their plans. They should not have special treatment.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

It's true they are they're own worst enemy, history has proven that they ruin everything they touch. They're not grounded, reality is not in their game plan, everything gets pushed a little too far until its too late. But the having something to prove thing is all him being new to the office and the color of his skin, he wants to prove that it isn't and should have never been a factor, I say who cares about all that. Lets see if you can help bring our trust and our economy back to the top like it was after the war. It would be nice to remember him for his accomplishments and not necessarily him being our first black president.
    Get off your Antidepressants and beat Depression naturally!
    www.thedepressingtruth.com
    www.thedepressingtruth.com/blog

Learn how to legally steal your leads with the Bandito's Angry Letter in this short video! http://www.recruiterbandito.com/?r=dukepath

They have already proven they can't do it with medicare and social security.
    What are the problems surrounding medicare and social security?

Mostly just the red tape surrounding just getting what you deserve and then having to fight for even that. Dealing with any government agency is enough to make anyone drink heavily.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I wasn't aware that there was difficulty surrounding medicare and social security. Red tape? I'm surprised to hear that the elderly are not getting these benefits in a timely manner. I'll have to search this online a little bit to see what's going on. This is definately a concern.

Well we all know why social security is having trouble, there is no savings account put aside for future social security payments to be made. As the employers mail in the deductions that are taken from our weekly paychecks, that money is put into the pot and immediately sent back out to those that are waiting for their checks.

This is a system designed and implemented many decades ago. There are 2 big problems with this. One was the baby-boomer generation, after the war there was a huge jump in population, If you were born between the years of 1946 and 1964, you're a baby-boomer. As this generation retires, it offsets the flow of their original plan. Too many people will be retiring and not enough paying back into the system. The second problem is the huge unemployment rate, now even less people are working which means even less is being deducted due to non existent paychecks. This is another reason the fed keeps printing dollars, because there is no way other way to keep up. This is like building a straw hut for shelter in a tornado.
    Get off your Antidepressants and beat Depression naturally!
    www.thedepressingtruth.com
    www.thedepressingtruth.com/blog

Learn how to legally steal your leads with the Bandito's Angry Letter in this short video! http://www.recruiterbandito.com/?r=dukepath

Thread Information