Thread: bad baby dreams

bad baby dreams

I keep having similar dreams, still birth, miscarriage, complications, down sydrome, death of me or husband while in labour etc

I guess, its all the hidden worries and thoughts ive squashed to the back of my mind, coming forward when i sleep.

its horrible though, I woke up the other day after a dream the baby stopped breathing in its crib, I literally jumped put of bed to check on the baby....I havent even had the baby yet! it just felt so real.

most of the time i cant get back to sleep after either so im tired 24/7 right now.

did anyone else go through something similar?

Re: bad baby dreams

My dreams almost never manifest as a fear of mine. Though, I can certainly empathize with those particular feelings. My first wife was hospitalized with our second daughter, Pre-Term labor. Her heart quit beating and she died right in front of me. They kicked me out and rushed in a crash cart while I stool there helpless. Well both her and the baby made it through alive and well... That total loss of control is what hit me so hard.

I felt detached at first, like I was watching some movie. Then it sank in later and it messed with my head for quite a while. Nearly two years passed before I reconciled my own feelings. I had to take a stance that there are only so many things in life that are in my control. This moment literally changed me and the values that I have today are based from it. My appreciation of love and my lack of appreciation for material items is from this one little moment.

Quote Originally Posted by IR_Efrem View Post
    My dreams almost never manifest as a fear of mine. Though, I can certainly empathize with those particular feelings. My first wife was hospitalized with our second daughter, Pre-Term labor. Her heart quit beating and she died right in front of me. They kicked me out and rushed in a crash cart while I stool there helpless. Well both her and the baby made it through alive and well... That total loss of control is what hit me so hard.

I felt detached at first, like I was watching some movie. Then it sank in later and it messed with my head for quite a while. Nearly two years passed before I reconciled my own feelings. I had to take a stance that there are only so many things in life that are in my control. This moment literally changed me and the values that I have today are based from it. My appreciation of love and my lack of appreciation for material items is from this one little moment.
    IR thats a terrible terrible thing to go through, I cant imagine how that must of felt. *big big hugs*

Its great however that you came through it, and also learnt such a wonderful and valuable thing.

thankyou for sharing I hope it didnt hurt too much bringing that up

It's ancient history PC and serves as a reminder of how thin the thread of life can really be. I feel no pain from it anymore. So no worries. =)

Yes I had awful dreams in pregnancy but about really weird things - giving birth to a porpoise , my baby being chased and murdered by a mad axeman, my baby being switched at birth and I knew it had happened but no-one belived me (husband had strict instructions not to let the baby out of his sight if she was whisked away after the op).

I still have them occasionally, but very rarely. Latest was a few nights ago - I was swimming in a pool and my daughter was floating underwater (drowned). I woke up as I was attempting to revive her. Must teach her to swim!

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon View Post
    Yes I had awful dreams in pregnancy but about really weird things - giving birth to a porpoise , my baby being chased and murdered by a mad axeman, my baby being switched at birth and I knew it had happened but no-one belived me (husband had strict instructions not to let the baby out of his sight if she was whisked away after the op).

I still have them occasionally, but very rarely. Latest was a few nights ago - I was swimming in a pool and my daughter was floating underwater (drowned). I woke up as I was attempting to revive her. Must teach her to swim!

Oh that must of been just horrible!!!!

I havent had any dreams for a while, but I havent been sleeping too good recently either.

My husband had a dream I gave birth to a litter of kittens. He didnt seem to mind apparently

lol. As long as their healthy

had an awful dream last night, one i had before as well.

im at a theme park with my husband, we're stood in line for a ride and we hear shouting high above us. theres a rollarcoaster behind us, a huge tall one you go up a lot of step to get to the top.

at the top is a man trying to strap his tiny toddler boy into the front carriage of the rollarcoaster which isnt on. its off for maintance and theres no one to stop him.

Everyone screaming at him to stop and crying out for the baby boys life but he ignores everyone. Then he hits the start button and the rollar coaster lurches forward, the toddler falls out the front carriage and all the way to the concreate floor right in front of me and everyone else. theres blood everywhere and the body is just crushed and...well squished.

everyones screaming and crying and cops get the man down, hes upset but not nearly as much as everyone else seems to be. He seems more upset that his plan to get his kid a free ride didnt work then his baby being splattered all over the floor.

I woke up and was nearly sick, If that dream has a meaning I have no idea what it was. But ive had it twice now, exactly the same both times. sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

That's awful, pepsi I think when someone becomes a parent, they find the thought of bad things happening to children, either accidentally or (even worse) through cruelty/neglect, more disturbing and difficult to accept. Your mind is working through these fears as you sleep. It may continue until you are more settled into your new responsibilies, but then, hopefully, these disturbing dreams will be less frequent.

I think you start having these terrible dreams once the reality sinks in that your now responsible for another human life. For me I didn't start having the nightmares until my daughter was around a year old or so, likely because I was too busy having waking nightmares about the crappy relationship I was in at the time.

Once I was free from that situation the baby dreams hit me full force. I've literally woke up screaming my daughters name on several occasions, woke up crying or woke up not completely sure of where I was. The worst dream for me that recurred was my daughter would make her way out the front gate of our home that happened to sit right on the edge of a busy 6 lane super highway.

In the dream she'd always be just out of my grasp running toward the road. I'd dive to catch her only to feel my fingertips brush against her back as she ran out into traffic.

I can't speak for exactly what causes these dreams but I can say that my daughter is now 14 and even though the dreams have grown with her, the dreams have not stopped. Today I woke up close to tears due to a dream I was having about saying goodbye to my daughter.

I don't think it ever ends really.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon View Post
    That's awful, pepsi I think when someone becomes a parent, they find the thought of bad things happening to children, either accidentally or (even worse) through cruelty/neglect, more disturbing and difficult to accept. Your mind is working through these fears as you sleep. It may continue until you are more settled into your new responsibilies, but then, hopefully, these disturbing dreams will be less frequent.
    Ive always been a sensative person its a nightmare at times, If i see the commericals on tv about the abused and abandoned animals i start crying!!! I guess it could be a mixture of my already emotional state mixed with hormones and the worries about what life will bring with the baby.

Duke thankyou for sharing that, I was kind of hoping you were gonna say at the end that it will stop one day lol better luck with something else i guess!

Thread Information