Interview Tips and Suggestions

Sending in a resume is the easy part...the interview is the next step. So whats your hidden secret to getting the job when you go for an interview? Do you put the charm on? Dress nicely? Flirt?

How do you go about anwsering their questions and what kind of questions do you ask them?

Im curious, i have my first interview here in America, and Im not sure how much it might vary to the UK. Its a waitressing job to earn some extra money before baby arrives. I love social settings and its something i did before and enjoyed so im hoping my enthusiasm and previous work history can do most of the talking for me.

I just wondered what everyone else does to try and secure a job when they go for an interview.

Re: Interview Tips and Suggestions

come on...most people on this forum have probably been for a job interview at some point in their life, give some tips and suggestions!

I am personally not good with interviews. But I have learned a few things. You should dress nice no matter what the job is. If you have pierced anything except your ears then I would remove them and cover any tattoos if any of that applies. Find out about the company you are interviewing with. Ask questions that show you are interested in working for them. If you are going for a waitress job show you are a good people person. Just because you did it before doesn't necessarily mean anything if you come across as introverted or quiet and shy. You need to be friendly and outgoing if you are going to be a waitress. Make sure your availability is very open. Don't say, "I can't work Wednesday and Friday night because of .....". With today's economy they want to get as much for their money as possible.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

yep

Dress well and be outgoing, don't KILL a person with a complete blonde ditzy IM IN LOVE WITH LIFE type of attitude. Just be confident and speak on things that you are cerain of. Don't sound wishy washy about anything and definitely say you can work any shift any time... Most places will work with your schedule once you are hired but they do like to hear that you are committed to the job and that mean you will work any day and any time.

Quote Originally Posted by IR_Efrem View Post
    yep

Dress well and be outgoing, don't KILL a person with a complete blonde ditzy IM IN LOVE WITH LIFE type of attitude. Just be confident and speak on things that you are cerain of. Don't sound wishy washy about anything and definitely say you can work any shift any time... Most places will work with your schedule once you are hired but they do like to hear that you are committed to the job and that mean you will work any day and any time.
    Hi,

I agreed with you. Your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Quote Originally Posted by hdblue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IR_Efrem View Post
    yep

Hi,

I agreed with you. Your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards
    If you want to do more info, you also visit at: Interview tips

Thread Information