Great News in Iraq

This is GREAT news. I really respect the people, who in the middle of so much threat, got out and cast their vote. I've been following some of the candidates, many of which have been college trained in free countries, who just want their people to have their county back after so many decades of domination.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4220551.stm (rest of article)

Iraq election declared 'success'
    Turnout is said to have been high despite threats and boycott pleas
    The first multi-party election in Iraq for 50 years has been declared a success at the end of polling.

The electoral commission claimed a high turnout and US President George W Bush congratulated the Iraqi people on a "great and historical achievement".

A series of election-day attacks across the country killed at least 36 people, health officials say.

Correspondents also say there was a marked division in turnout between Sunni, Shia and Kurdish strongholds.

In the Shia Muslim south and Kurdish north of the country, lines formed at polling stations and there were smiles and tears of joy among voters.

The outcome of this, as well as practically any election in the future, will be more an occasion for the loosing side to complain and disengage themselves in a determined tantrum rather than to participate in the process of government to whatever extent may be to their advantage.

Insurgent threats of violence may have deterred some, but others may be obeying boycotts of the elections called by some Sunni political parties, correspondents say.

Others may not want to legitimise an election they believe is offering false hope, observers say.

Who are these "observers" and "correspondents?" What credentials do they have that makes their opinions worth of BBC comment?

Ridiculous partisanships will continue to bog progress, regardless of the outcome of the election.

I enjoy watching the media trying to find something negative to say about a positive......

To me.....an Insurgent is a terrorist. I'll be glad when the government is in place over there so the FREE citizens can take care of them in their own special way....which will make panties on the head seem like a picnic.

As most of you know, we have a very close friend over there. He called us recently with the joyous news that he will, god willing, be home in around 3 weeks. He said that the citizens of Iraq are fed up with the "insurgents" and are fighting back them own selves. He said that's something we won't hear about over in the States but that they're constantly finding some "insurgents" dead in alley ways, killed by the local citizens taking their country back. He really thinks that things are looking up over there.
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

I SO WISH the media would report the REAL news. There is much celebration going on in Iraq....from these people who have been so brow beaten and brutalized for so many years. I dont have words for the respect I have for those who voted.

They had to dip their fingers in ink...so they wouldn't vote twice. These were the people the terrorists said they would kill. They didn't care...they proudly filled the streets and held up their ink stained fingers. It made me cry.

In only a couple of years....they've come so far and have been so brave. I applaud alll the troops from the all the countries who have made this possible.

I cannot help but believe Ayla.

We watched as Iraqis took off their shoes a beat them against the fallen statues of Saddam and wondered: "What the hell? Why are they doing that?" Until some cultural anthropologist from National Geographic explained that the shoe was considered "unclean" to muslims, and therefore..blah,blah, blah.

Well we don't need any such explaination when Iraqi WOMEN hold up the victory sign with two fingers, one tiped with purple ink. These are not strange people anymore, but more like Americans than possably anyone else in the Middle-east.

Iraq will be a great ally.....which in looking at Iran and Syria....I'm afraid we will end up really needing.

Thread Information