Thread: $10,000

$10,000

If you unexpectedly received $10K out of the blue, what would you do with it? Given the choice to spend it on needed items, saving it, splurging, or making a long awaited purchase that you may not ever be able to afford again, how would you best spend the money?

Re: $10,000

Invest it.

I am not very wealthy at all, but I make more than I need so; and although $10K would be useful, I have nothing to really spend it on, that would be useful.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

That is a tough one. Probably put it toward our second mortgage so I can have one less bill to pay sooner. But that wouldn't pay it off so since I have a wedding to pay for I might just use it for that so I don't have any bills from the wedding.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Save it for a rainy day. My husband and I live frugally, and for us it's not about buying 'stuff'.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I'd put a $1000 into each of my kid's saving accounts, then use the rest to pay off some debt.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Thread Information