Thread: Pets in Bed

Pets in Bed

Dogs and Cats Sleeping in Your Bed -- Is It Healthy?

We've always had our little pets sleep with us through the years. That's where I miss them the most now that they are all gone.

How about you?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Pets in Bed

I think it's gross.

Animals belong outside and definitely not in my bed!

I enjoy having a pet sleeping next to me assuming it isn't a horse or something.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I enjoy having a pet sleeping next to me assuming it isn't a horse or something.
    Funny now, I have this picture in my head.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Like this Duke?

We have two cats and two dogs and they all like to sleep with us but there is usually only two at a time there. None of them sleep next to me because I don't allow it. I'm a flopper and they better stay clear or I may end up on top of one of them. I love snuggling with my pets when I climb in bed at night and again when I wake up in the morning. I wouldn't have it any other way.

LOVE that photo, LovingSpirit! That's just Wonderful, now I don't have to imagine it in my head, I can SEE it!

When I had pets they slept with me. I enjoy it. It is a comfort especially when I am home alone.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

When my wife and i first started living together, aged 18, I had a German Shepard named Colonel and she had one named Bessie.

I worked evening shifts wih Colonel and i felt great knowing that Bessie was asleep at the foot of the bed protecting the family.

When we came home from work, very occasionally Colonel would be allowed to sleep beside the bed on my side......that developed because he used to sleep at my feet, like Bessie, but he started to get snappy when he wanted more blanket, or i moved and woke him up So we made the compromise.

Both dogs are long gone but very fond memories remain

Since I was a few months old a cat slept with me (yup, even in the crib); I do have photographic evidence. Needless to say, I always like cats to have the option to sleep wherever they want to sleep.

Yes, they can take up a lot of bed space. Emperor (the cat that adopted me and my ex) was particularly bad at that, and sometimes it would really make the sleeping experience non-existent.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I miss having a pet to sleep with. I had a German Shepard mix for a while and she took up half the bed but I still liked it. I need a pet.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

My little puppy Maddie who is a puggle, sleeps with me every night. Always under the covers right by my feet. I don't know why she likes to sleep under the covers, but I love having her sleep on my bed. Our other dog Maxx, who is a puggle too, sleeps with my mom at night, but usually ends up in my room in the morning. Only because my mom gets up before me, and he is lazy and wants to sleep all day. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by donnyfann View Post
    My little puppy Maddie who is a puggle, sleeps with me every night. Always under the covers right by my feet. I don't know why she likes to sleep under the covers, but I love having her sleep on my bed. Our other dog Maxx, who is a puggle too, sleeps with my mom at night, but usually ends up in my room in the morning. Only because my mom gets up before me, and he is lazy and wants to sleep all day. LOL.
    That sounds adorable!

Well I got my pet and he sleeps with me. He likes to lay on the pillows and I mean across both pillows, so I am always having to move him. But I love the company and the warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Well I got my pet and he sleeps with me. He likes to lay on the pillows and I mean across both pillows, so I am always having to move him. But I love the company and the warmth.
    That's so nice, TK!

Seriously If I didn't get up all day and stayed in my room, he would sleep all day. What's even more funny is once he comes out of my room in the morning, he'll go outside, and come back in and go right back to sleep. He is the laziest dog in the world, and he's teaching little Maddie to be the same way. All she wants to do is sleep now too. If we didn't take them for a walk everyday, I wouldn't even know they're alive. LOL! They are the fattest dogs ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great photos, donny! I think we can all take a page out of pets' books and learn how to deeply relax.

Lovely pic, Donny!

My dog, Luis, used to sleep with my parents always - he was in our room before we went to college and then changed rooms with the remaining humans in the house!

With mom and dad, he'd sleep by their bellies or thighs. When I was visiting, he's sleep on my pillow - I would wake up sleeping with no pillow and he'd be on top of it, curled up!

I think it's great to have a pet, but it's not that good to treat it like a human. They should have their space and obey some simple rules, otherwise they end up running the house - Luis was the master at it !
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

My pet's are my family therefore they are welcome to sleep where they are comfortable. I do enjoy their company. However i have been kitten training lately, and that's not been so fun bc he is rowdy at night!
    " To thy own self be true..."

Lol, I remember when I was sleeping over at my ex bf's sister place, her cats would run wild while we were asleep. Or chase our hands, when we were moving in our sleep - lovely, waking up with a cat sinking her teeth in your fingers because u happen to move, lol!

they were fun, though... toughest was when you'd hear them running and they were missing a turn! Crazy cats !
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

But don't agree to sit at their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elison Matioli View Post
    But don't agree to sit at their place.
    heh?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this comment
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Thread Information