ArmA MP Respawn Bug

I was looking around OFPEC today at MP scripts and found a thread started by Mandoble (of all people) who stated the respawn issue (primary weapon won't aim or fire until being switched out) is actually a bug.

I'll likely revive the topic there and see what happens because I'd like to get it working however I have no idea what I can do to make it function as desired.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: ArmA MP Respawn Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Leimboy
    Regarding that bug, it seems that the problem is that no ammo/mode of your gun is selected. I work around this now by hitting my "mode-key" (the one that selects between semi-full-grenade and so on).
    After that it has been second nature to me to hit this key and be on my way, so it is not a big deal anymore.

The best thing would be for BIS to fix this, but I do not think that is very likely at this point...
    I may ad your remark to the post I found at OFPEC and see if anyone has an answer on how to adjust the script so you spawn in whatever fire mode you died in.

Never hurts to ask me thinks.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Before asking, I may see if I can force the player to respawn in their last firing mode or perhaps force a new once.

May as well give it a go.
    My Daughter Rules!

I've done some looking around tonight and it looks like I may be able to force the player to either choose a primary weapon or perhaps reload upon respawn. If this is the case then hopefully it will take care of the no fire mode bug.

Reload

Primary Weapon
    My Daughter Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Leimboy
    I think the primary weapon is already "selected" and unfortunately I didn't read this before testing yesterday or I would have tested to do a manual reload before pressing the "mode" button.
    If no possible solution is available, a small text in the briefing explaining the phenomenon should suffice to get the players going and soon ignore the problem (as I am now). Mind you, any solution is better than this but at least it is some sort of solution.
    I sometimes was spawning with my primary weapon but was automatically switching to my secondary upon respawn and it wasn't because I wanted to. I always carry a sidearm if my kit has space for it so the bug is rather annoying as you can get caught in no fire mode with the wrong weapon.

Anyway, I tried both tactics last night and neither worked. I did however run across another respawn script a while back so I'll give that one a go in the next build to see if it performs any better.
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information