Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

This is for LovingSpirit but maybe others will benefit as well. To get a screenshot of your desktop (or any window actually), close all the windows, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard, open MSPaint, in a new Paint window go to the Edit menu and select Paste. You should see your desktop pop in there. Just save it and upload it like you do all your other photos. Hope this helps.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

The quickest method to minimize all active windows is to hit the Windows Key + M.

For those of you who don't know where your Windows Key is located, it's between Ctrl and Alt just left of the Spacebar and in the same position to the right of the Spacebar.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I have a key on my keyboard that says:
    prtsc
    sysrq

I pushed it, but nothing happened.

That is the correct key but all it does is save a copy of the window to your clipboard (the clipboard is a virtual file within Windows used to save whatever you have cut and makes it available to paste). Next you need to open up MSPaint or what ever picture tool you like best and then go to the edit menu and select "Paste". It should show up in the MSPaint window ready for editing or saving.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    That is the correct key but all it does is save a copy of the window to your clipboard (the clipboard is a virtual file within Windows used to save whatever you have cut and makes it available to paste). Next you need to open up MSPaint or what ever picture tool you like best and then go to the edit menu and select "Paste". It should show up in the MSPaint window ready for editing or saving.
    I understand better now but I don't know what MSPaint is. Can you explain in a nutshell please?

Quote Originally Posted by LovingSpirit View Post
    I understand better now but I don't know what MSPaint is. Can you explain in a nutshell please?
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint.

Microsoft Paint Tutorial

My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Sorry LovingSpirit. I guess I don't explain things well. I work with computers all day long so I forget not everyone knows all the Microsoft applications by heart.

Sorry LovingSpirit. I guess I don't explain things well. I work with computers all day long so I forget not everyone knows all the Microsoft applications by heart.
    ...whereas I have to talk Luba through the most mundane of PC issues, literally forcing me to draw a picture of the inner workings of her PC such as follows:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Daughter Rules!

Now that is funny right there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    ...whereas I have to talk Luba through the most mundane of PC issues, literally forcing me to draw a picture of the inner workings of her PC such as follows:
    Ouch! BUT that is Ex-tre-me-ly funny! (The face is okay, but you drew me a little too fat!)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I did it!! I did it!!!! I did a desk top screen shot. This is from my desk top computer. Yea! I did it! It worked just like you said M'Lady!

Ummmmm.....er.....wait a minute. How do I get the image from there to here? TinyPic.com won't allow it and there is no copy option. Hmmmm, I never ran up on this problem before.

I made a picture tutorial because I don't explain things too well. Hopefully after this you will be able to post your desktop.

Step 1: Select the paperclip.
    pic1mod.jpg

Step 2: In the window that opens up select the file from your computer and then select upload.
    pic2mod.jpg

Step 3: Once the file is uploaded you will see it here.
    pic3mod.jpg

Step 4: Close the upload window and select the paperclip again. Your file will show up in the list. Select it.
    pic4mod.jpg

Step 5: After you select it you will see the following in the edit window. Now you can treat it just like any other post. Preview it or Post it. Hope this helps.
    pic5mod.jpg

Thread Information