Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    12,071

    Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    This is for LovingSpirit but maybe others will benefit as well. To get a screenshot of your desktop (or any window actually), close all the windows, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard, open MSPaint, in a new Paint window go to the Edit menu and select Paste. You should see your desktop pop in there. Just save it and upload it like you do all your other photos. Hope this helps.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    27,811

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    The quickest method to minimize all active windows is to hit the Windows Key + M.

    For those of you who don't know where your Windows Key is located, it's between Ctrl and Alt just left of the Spacebar and in the same position to the right of the Spacebar.
    My Daughter Rules!

    Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

    Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

    Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    I have a key on my keyboard that says:
    prtsc
    sysrq

    I pushed it, but nothing happened.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    12,071

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    That is the correct key but all it does is save a copy of the window to your clipboard (the clipboard is a virtual file within Windows used to save whatever you have cut and makes it available to paste). Next you need to open up MSPaint or what ever picture tool you like best and then go to the edit menu and select "Paste". It should show up in the MSPaint window ready for editing or saving.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    That is the correct key but all it does is save a copy of the window to your clipboard (the clipboard is a virtual file within Windows used to save whatever you have cut and makes it available to paste). Next you need to open up MSPaint or what ever picture tool you like best and then go to the edit menu and select "Paste". It should show up in the MSPaint window ready for editing or saving.
    I understand better now but I don't know what MSPaint is. Can you explain in a nutshell please?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    27,811

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    Quote Originally Posted by LovingSpirit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    That is the correct key but all it does is save a copy of the window to your clipboard (the clipboard is a virtual file within Windows used to save whatever you have cut and makes it available to paste). Next you need to open up MSPaint or what ever picture tool you like best and then go to the edit menu and select "Paste". It should show up in the MSPaint window ready for editing or saving.
    I understand better now but I don't know what MSPaint is. Can you explain in a nutshell please?
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint.

    Microsoft Paint Tutorial

    My Daughter Rules!

    Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

    Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

    Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    12,071

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    Sorry LovingSpirit. I guess I don't explain things well. I work with computers all day long so I forget not everyone knows all the Microsoft applications by heart.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    27,811

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Sorry LovingSpirit. I guess I don't explain things well. I work with computers all day long so I forget not everyone knows all the Microsoft applications by heart.
    ...whereas I have to talk Luba through the most mundane of PC issues, literally forcing me to draw a picture of the inner workings of her PC such as follows:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Daughter Rules!

    Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

    Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

    Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    12,071

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    Now that is funny right there!!!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow!
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Sorry LovingSpirit. I guess I don't explain things well. I work with computers all day long so I forget not everyone knows all the Microsoft applications by heart.
    ...whereas I have to talk Luba through the most mundane of PC issues, literally forcing me to draw a picture of the inner workings of her PC such as follows:
    Ouch! BUT that is Ex-tre-me-ly funny! (The face is okay, but you drew me a little too fat!)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.


    True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

    Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

    ~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    I did it!! I did it!!!! I did a desk top screen shot. This is from my desk top computer. Yea! I did it! It worked just like you said M'Lady!

    Ummmmm.....er.....wait a minute. How do I get the image from there to here? TinyPic.com won't allow it and there is no copy option. Hmmmm, I never ran up on this problem before.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    12,071

    Re: Getting A Screen Shot of your Desktop

    I made a picture tutorial because I don't explain things too well. Hopefully after this you will be able to post your desktop.

    Step 1: Select the paperclip.
    pic1mod.jpg


    Step 2: In the window that opens up select the file from your computer and then select upload.
    pic2mod.jpg

    Step 3: Once the file is uploaded you will see it here.
    pic3mod.jpg

    Step 4: Close the upload window and select the paperclip again. Your file will show up in the list. Select it.
    pic4mod.jpg

    Step 5: After you select it you will see the following in the edit window. Now you can treat it just like any other post. Preview it or Post it. Hope this helps.
    pic5mod.jpg
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oklahoma Girls Shot
    By Scott in forum Hot Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 12:43 AM
  2. Your screen name.
    By Duke in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 10:02 PM
  3. Your desktop
    By Merika in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:17 AM
  4. Screen names
    By Merika in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 09:32 AM
  5. Flu Shot
    By Duke in forum Health and Wellness
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 08:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •