Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Micheal Moore and 9/11

Okay, I'm sure this is old news to the lot of you...but I just watched that Farenhite 9/11 last night. I didn't care if I ever watched it...but my husband insisted on renting it last night.

I thought it was an eye opener. I also think the whole docummentary needed to be watched with a grain of salt, as Mr. Moore tends to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

So anyway...I just wanted to get the reactions of this forum on that movie.

( I do apologize if this thread already exists somewhere....)
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

It does...but that's okay. If it's on your mind today...then it's a fresh subject.

I don't respect ANYONE who makes a buck by playing the weakness of humanity. Not a doctor, psychologist, professor, news person....much less stupid HollyWierdWood. There is a time and a place to project your opinion....but NEVER at the financial expense or life risk of others.

I can question this war all I want to....but I'd just as soon gnaw off my tongue before I would say ANYTHING to possibly injure our troops or give the terrorists any reason to feel justified.

It's not a matter of being patriotic....it's a matter of being a decent human being.

Michael Moore is neither.

He not only injured the morale of many troops....but people have seen his stupid documentary around the world and passed judgement....before even realizing the grave errors of his 'film'. It is full of LIES and I personally think he should be prosecuted for being a traitor. He did it on purpose....not because he cares.....but because his notoriety is the only way on God's green earth that he'd ever get laid.

that movie made me vomit :?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneheather
    that movie made me vomit :?
    :iluvu: you are always so honest SH!

Michawl moore is everything he claims to hate, his a rich fat ugly white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    Michawl moore is everything he claims to hate, his a rich fat ugly white guy.
    ROFLMAO!

Even if everything that was said on that movie was true, I'm going to have to agree that he stepped over the line by making a movie about it. One constant theme I see in this movie and Bowling for Columbine (or whatever it was called) is that he seems to think our country is shit. I say we pack his ass up and ship him to Saudi Arabia.
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

Bowling for colimbine made me puke also.... LMAO

I could go on and on about him, I hate the fact that he is from my home town Romeo Michigan.

I sure don't think that EVERYTHING he says is a lie, there are some cold hard facts there BUT they are twisted.

I've had no interest in this movie whatsoever but I'll likely see it now because of all the controversy. He may be a lot of things but I can tell you he must be a very smart business man because he made controversial films at a time when the public needed to see something and is now financially independant. That makes him smart even if his movies are dumb.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    I don't respect ANYONE who makes a buck by playing the weakness of humanity.
    I guess that's why I despise George W. Bush so much.

I also think the whole docummentary needed to be watched with a grain of salt
    i choose a salt lick for anything from him.

Read the book "micheal moore is a big fat stupid white man" (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul C
    How can you despise someone you know nothing about except what you read or hear in the left wing media?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSkater
    [

Read the book "micheal moore is a big fat stupid white man" (or something like that).

Thats a great book. I hate michael moore, i regret the fact that i didnt push him off the brooklyn bridge when he was filming that damned movie

HAHA DA.....he's such a whale....it could've caused a title wave.

Even the Democrats are distancing themselves from him now. By them not speaking out against the film, even though they knew they facts were wrong and it was hurting our troops, they really lost alot of credibility during the last election. It looks to me like one of the things they are trying to correct for the next go-around.

I can understand someone in another country not knowing how ridiculous his allegations were....but any American, by now, should know better due to the extreme media coverage.

I've had no interest in seeing this movie. I don't like movies that have to do with politics. I find them very boring. not my cup of tea.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C
    How can you despise someone you know nothing about except what you read or hear in the left wing media?
    And I suppose Fox hosts your favorite news program? I'm just proving a point, both these generalizations are redundant and asinine. You can no more tell me I listen only to the left wing because I think that George W. Bush is lying to you then I can say you're left or right wing because you bought the lie. Lied to is lied to no matter where you live or what you watch on television.

What I find sad is that most of the retorts I hear about Michael Moore is either his size/looks or the amount of money he has and frankly I find it quite childish (no offence to anyone here ). The only half intelligent retorts are based on certain news media outlets telling people what they want to hear and basing it on bad intell, something like what Bush did which the CNN news article in the other topics addresses, which I noticed you didn't reply to.

michael moore made his money in his first documentary by making up a story and passing it off as the truth, he fabricates a lot of his stuff, pays people to say what he wants them to say.

Is there proof to any of this? It might be a good idea if you guys can link us up with some of your resources so us readers can make up our own minds.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

some of the stuff was in the book that random mentioned.

What about the rest?

The problem with political discussions (and religious for that matter) is that they require little proof to get heated. Everyone has an opinion on the matter and it's not always legit yet they continue to yap away.

Now don't get me wrong because that's not what I'm saying here.

The problem becomes that people chime in now and again and no-one supplies a source to where their info is coming from. What ends up happening is that no-one is ever right, sometimes it gets heated or inflammitory, nobody wins and nobody gets educated. This seems to be a universal forumula as far as I've seen.

What would be helpful is if we could have links provided to information resources with particular passages quoted for easier viewing. That way we can all make up our minds and have an educated discussion rather than one or two people throwing rocks at each other.
    My Daughter Rules!

As to proof of Morre's credibillity, I figured I'd post about one of the things that stood out alot in the book I mentioned ("micheal moore is a big fat stupid white man").

In his movie (yes, movie) "bowling for columbine" he makes charlten heston appear as some heartless guy trying to push firearms on people.

As Moore mentions in bowling, the NRA had a meeting 10 days after the columbine incident where heston makes a speach about being "already here". Not only did Moore edit more than one speech together (watch it and see how heston's clothing and background changes) but he also failed to mention that the NRA is a government organization and MUST hold a meeting annually to be considerd legal. Moore also failed to mention that it was scaled back from lasting 5 - 7 (i forgot) days to 2 or 3 so they could atleast cover the things to make the organization be legal still. Also, in order for them to change the location and time of a meeting they would have had to contact all members by mail in less than 10 days, I believe there's over 5,000,000 NRA members.

This is just once of the many things mentioned in the book which i HIGHLY suggest reading.

---------------------------------------------
    When I was watching the latter part of "Farenheit 9/11" where it's about the war in iraq I was just appauled.
    I know people who are in the armed forces and are over there and they tell you the stories moore forgot to mention and you hardly ever see on the news. about how many iraqi citizens walk up to the soldiers, shake their hands and thank them. Also they have the danger of someone walking up to them and dropping a grenade at their feet or someone shooting at them while standing behind a civillian for cover knowing we won't shoot back.

Ofcourse this is always a war and I think that the expectations have changed drastically since past wars. ofcourse losing a soldier is really a sad thought and even more a civillian. But people often fail to take into acount how during world war two entire cities were targetted to take out one objective building. we now have the abillity to hit within 5 feet of where we want with great consistency with smart bombs but ofcourse sometimes there's bad intelligence or a bomb will stray off course and people often fail to think of how many civillian casualties there would be if we still had to use dumb bombs (which can fall hundreds of yards off target)..

yikes, that's pretty long, hopefully all that wasn't pointless but i ahd nothing better to do at 4am...

The effectiveness of those smartbombs is only 6 percent or so. Not as smart as most people would have believed.

As for these "civilian" tactics, these are normal, if there is an insurgency. My late grandfather who was in the resistance during WW II, could tell quite a few stories on how to do things. Were they terrorists? In the eyes of the Germans they were. Are people from the resistance considered terrorists? No.

I am sorry for the soldiers, but there is still a war going on, and war takes casualties. At the moment 50 civilians to 1 soldier. The war that cannot be justified on the evidence that we are given. Have we publically seen one shred of evidence that would support this war? No. We have Tony Blair who had to practically admit to manufacturing of evidence.

If you think Moore is a liar, we can definetely make a case for Bush the liar. And please don't say that Moore is in it for the money; we can make the same case for Bush and Cheney.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fift...enheit-911.htm
    http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/bowli...ckoattacko.htm

It's all old news and probably not worth discussing.

As for Bush, what people fail to understand is that we aren't doing what he wants us to do....he is doing what we want him to do. If that wasn't true....he wouldn't have been re-elected by an overwhelming margin.

Bush isnt in it for the money, he is already rich.

Here is an article showing the mistruth's of F 9/11

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fift...enheit-911.htm

And please don't say that Moore is in it for the money
    So you're saying he needs to charge over $30,000 for a speech just to get by?

Thread Information