Apocalyptic Dream

I had a really bizarre apocalyptic dream last night and I'm still trying to figure out what it meant? The odd part is, there is a part of me that felt this was a familiar place so I'm trying to figure out if it's my first visit to this world or not?

In this dream, the world is falling apart. Disease is running rampant through ever corner of the globe and the types of disease one catches are based soley off the kind of person you are as well as what you were exposed to at the time. In my case, I could turn into a little green ball about 2' in diameter which would help me speed through the world and traverse obstacles such as fences, sheds, small houses, etc., with great speed and dexterity. I also had the ability to retract and extend my appendages when in this state to a certain point (I could never actually just be a ball).

I'm still not clear on what disease I was exposed to as my dream starts off with me feeling exposed to another creature similar in nature to myself. Of course our personalities meant I used my ability for survival and this other individual used their ability for predation. The other difference was I could flee in my ball like form where this creature was known not to move but to extend a "feeler" to give chase, a feeler that was vine like in nature; it even had little leaves attached to it.

I ran all out, jumping fences, running through garbage heaps and overgrown gardens, old cars, etc., anything I thought that could absorb my scent and confuse the hunter. Unfortunately I started to get tired and was forced to stop between this shed and a fence, morph back into my fully human form and cower for my life. Within seconds, the feeler vine was smelling the fence I had just touched seconds ago and was reaching above my head to smell the wall of the house I had also leaned against. Fortunately for me, I was no longer in contact with the house as I was sitting in front of it ducking my head as far as I could from the vine.

I'm still not clear if morphing back into my fully human form saved me or perhaps not being in contact with my very last physical scent saved me?

The vine retracted but what made this disease so dangerous is that everything this feeler vine touches become a living, feeding, vine as well. I left the area and upon looking back, I spied a group of 3 or 4 tween aged children, one of which was eating from the vine feeler. I could already see the changes taking place as she chewed the leaves as her mouth was starting to disappear and panic set in.

I had no idea whether or not this girl was good or bad and sticking around to find out could mean my life so I had to move on; a very heart wrenching situation.

I ended up going to a halfway house for diseased victims and scared humans that I knew of after this ordeal. Unfortunately, things were starting to go south at this halfway house so I took my daughter and her friend Haley and we left on our own.

As we were about to leave however, one of the people from this halfway house screamed in horror as her friend Mike was being shot to pieces outside by a gang of mercenaries. As it turns out, Mike was a very fuzzy spider about the length of 2 cars. Mike was being torn to shreds by the fire from vehicle mounted machine guns as well as fire from a couple of foot soldiers which I quickly killed at the pleas of Mike's friend.

I'm still not sure how I killed them (maybe it was my vine?) but it made the mercenaries turn back, especially once they saw how many were coming from this halfway house to save Mike.

Unfortunately, Mike died.

There's much more to the dream but this is the most vivid stuff.

Other parts of the dream are as follows:
    • My daughter was not diseased, neither was her friend Haley.
    • Somehow, our dog Alphie was with me even though he's been gone many years now.
    • My daughters friend was coming onto me and my daughter was pissed about it.
    • We were in a speeding vehicle at one point that was not so much a vehicle as it was a drivable small living room, my daughter was even watching TV. This vehicle ended up crashing.
    Last edited by Duke; 08-14-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: Apocalyptic Dream

That sounds like a good start to a Science-Fiction Book!

Researchers have discovered that we can inherit memories from our parents. Some believe we can remember when we were first conceived and even before that.

It doesn't just sound like an apocalyptic dream, but maybe the start of the world mixed in with the end of the world as well as your current fears.

It would be interesting if you wrote the entire dream down for yourself. It may come in handy someday. Some companies pay a lot for original content.

Ya it probably would Ivy

Maybe I'll concentrate on it before bedtime to see if I can return to this world again.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Don't know what it means but it seems pretty frightening to me.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Ya it was a bit scary but the one thing that many of my dreams have is hope, there's always a shred of hope no matter how small that shred may be.

The only time I've ever had a hopeless dream was documented in this topic: http://www.lifesupporters.com/forums...eam-10209.html
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information