Thread: Carskin designs

Carskin designs

I thought I'd liven up this dusty part of the forums a bit and post some of the stuff I've been working on today.

I've taken the time and started on a bit of in depth design of a carskin in my Forza3 racing game. Lately I've been playing this racing game in the late evenings when my stay at home dad duties are done for the day, and the editor for making your own designs is quite fun, though it's hard making stuff with an xbox controller.

Anyway, I had a rare slow day, and it took me like 7 hours to make this. (since you cant draw things, but you have to copy/paste circles, squares, letters etc and deform the shapes to make the stuff you want). Feel free to comment (esp critiques are welcome)

NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Re: Carskin designs

That is a really haut looking skin my friend. I'm not typically a fan of yellow but that mustardy color and blue logo design is absolutely eye popping.

Isn't Forza a console only game though or is it available on PC?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: Carskin designs

Yes it's console only (even xbox only I think). I know you're not very fond about the xbox for certain reasons, but with games for it costing 60 euro (US$75+) and monthly cost for online use for the console itself I don't mind some right of way over pc users . My PC is over 5 years old now and I really enjoy how you never have to worry about if software works or not with an xbox).

Downside is no mouse or keyboard (though keyboard is seperately available for typing only), but I guess pictures above proves that designing nice stuff with a console controller is very much possible. No drawing lines though, just copy and pasting predefined shapes that can be resized and somewhat deformed, for example the black lines around the bubbly orange effect is made by pasting black circles with slightly smaller orange circles over them. That way I constructed the design by pasting around 1200 decals on the car (the manufacturing liveries on the sides come as ready to use, excluding the pearly blue effects that I made myself).
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Thread Information