Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey

Re: Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Third game is tonight? Right?
    Absolutely! I'm already wearing my Canucks t-shirt!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

What result do you expect?

What result do you expect?
    Not to exaggerate and you know how I don't like to do that...I'd be very comfortable with the score being 6-0 for Vancouver in the first ten minutes of the first period.

Since Vancouver is in Chicago the fans won't exactly be welcoming (I understand that as Vancouver is like that as well) that's okay. I guess it's because us Canuck fans have had our hopes dashed so many times, that each year our hopes become that much stronger, which is probably why we feel such despair when our team doesn't win.

To be serious for a moment, I just want Vancouver to play hard the entire game like Chicago does, they never let up. I would like to see Vancouver win with a score like 4-1; where the fans, like me, could actually breathe a little easier.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Then it should be 4-0 for this series. That way you can breathe easier for a week. Until the next round of the playoffs.

Too bad that the game is at an impossible time for me (Face off at 2 AM?), so I can't enjoy the game online with you. Why can't they play a few hours earlier?!

Then it should be 4-0 for this series. That way you can breathe easier for a week. Until the next round of the playoffs.
    For sure! I don't think I'll be breathing properly until I know what happens with the Canucks.

Too bad that the game is at an impossible time for me (Face off at 2 AM?), so I can't enjoy the game online with you. Why can't they play a few hours earlier?!
    You get these hockey games in the Netherlands? Awesome!

No we don't. We might get a summary of the last game of the NHL season. That is it.

But the internet ... is awesome .

Waiting for an elated Luba to show up ...

Canucks won the last game, series now at 3-0.

Waiting for an elated Luba to show up ...

Canucks won the last game, series now at 3-0.
    Here I am, Vautrin!

This is how I feel!

I won't use the party-time emoticon until Vancouver wins the series!

I am being cautiously optimistic as it has happened that teams have come from behind to win four straight. One just can't discount those Blackhawks.

And then it will be a rinse and repeat for the next series, and the one after that ...

And then it will be a rinse and repeat for the next series, and the one after that ...
    For sure! If the Canucks make it to the end, I will be a blithering idiot! June is quite far away when watching hockey playoffs.

I'm trying to breathe again this morning. Even the ice cream I had last night didn't soothe me after turning off the game when Luongo was scored on twice. About fifteen seconds. Score ended up 7 - 2 for Chicago. I said never to underestimate the Chicago powerhouse. I think the clean sweep expected was wishful thinking.

It was good to read that Luongo isn't going to berate himself like in other years. He feels good and will put this loss behind him, and move on with the next game. No one on the team is blaming him, as in the second period everything seemed to have fallen apart for the whole team.

Onward and upward, next game is back in Vancouver.

It is only 3-1 now. No need to worry, really. If you are 2-0 up, and then share the next two games, it is still pointing towards a series win.

Okay, admittedly the Canucks did it the hard way. Not sure if you have already recovered Luba.

But they are still through.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Most of us in B.C. were on raw nerves last week. I didn't realize how much I was until Alex Burrows scored that last goal to take the Canucks to the next series which starts tonight; Canucks vs. Nashville Predators.

This next series will be: Tampa Bay vs. Washington; Philadelphia vs. Boston; Vancouver vs. Nashville; and San Jose vs. Detroit.

Since Boston beat Montreal, Vancouver is the only Canadian team left.

I have a lot I want to do today so I wasn't going to check in at Lifesupporters. I felt I had to because I wanted to say "thank you, Vautrin!"; your wisdom about watching the games finally came through this morning during my quiet time.

I have to say I've driven myself ab-so-lu-te-ly nuts about the Vancouver Canucks and the rollercoaster ride I've been on and it's only the second series.

I think I've come to terms because your wisdom totally made sense to me and I didn't even watch the game last night. I read about it this morning and noticed I didn't have any anxiety, but I would have if I had watched the game because it was so similar to game 2. Vancouver did win in overtime and I seem to be on a good level about it. I hope to continue this way no matter what happens.

I guess I'm finally admitting to myself that the world won't end if the Canucks lose, and all I'll gain with the tremendous anxiety I was putting myself through was quite dumb on my part. I'm at Peace and thank you, Vautrin, for helping me get there!

If I do find myself stepping on the next crazy rung of the anxiety ladder, I will be asking for your help, Vautrin! Thanks again!

You are welcome Luba.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Vautrin, I just want you to know how I'm doing with Canuck hockey.

Even though I've never heard your voice, I keep 'hearing' it when I get somewhat 'upset' when the Canucks lost yet again two nights ago. So you did me a huge favour and I thank you yet again!

They were 'supposed to' clean up the series and lost! Back to Nashville they go!

-----------------

I have another 'war' starting. My husband is a Tampa Bay Lightning fan, and so is my youngest son! They are ganging up on me and the 'harsh' words are flying everywhere!

We are a caring family, but when it comes to different Sports teams, it gets pretty bad!

Help!

You'll have your revenge. Don't worry about that .

You'll have your revenge. Don't worry about that .
    Thanks, Vautrin; I could ALWAYS count on you!

On another note, even wearing my Canucks t-shirt isn't helping.

It must have helped enough Lu, the Canucks closed out the series tonight in Nashville at a score of 2 to 1. Thank God too because there was no way I could take another game 7.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It must have helped enough Lu, the Canucks closed out the series tonight in Nashville at a score of 2 to 1. Thank God too because there was no way I could take another game 7.
    Because of yourself, or because Luba would be worried sick the Canucks might be eliminated early again?

If I can actually glean information correctly (just goes to show poorly managed sports-sites are ), it will be either Detroit or San Jose. Any preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Me, too!

Because of yourself, or because Luba would be worried sick the Canucks might be eliminated early again?
    You gave me good advice, Vautrin; and I am trying to heed it, though I still have a ways to go!

If I can actually glean information correctly (just goes to show poorly managed sports-sites are ), it will be either Detroit or San Jose. Any preferences?
    I check the NHL website after the games, and even though San Jose lost three straight (I'm not watching that series, trying to keep anxiety down), Joe Thornton seems extremely positive that San Jose will win tonight.

Here's what Thornton had to say following Sharks practice Wednesday at Sharks Ice:

Q: What is the mentality of the team going into Game 7?

A:
    Confident. Very confident. Extremely confident.
    Thornton: Sharks are confident going into Game 7 - Sharks v Red Wings - 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Semifinals

I don't know which of those teams I would choose for Vancouver to play. Frankly, I'm scared of both teams.

At least the Canucks will get a bit of a rest in. Which probably is not a bad thing, since it is a long and hard season.

Just a hunch, the Red Wings will make it, before they'll crash out against the Canucks.

Vancouver vs. San Jose on Sunday.

Thread Information