Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey

Re: Hockey

Four teams left: Tampa Bay vs. Boston; 5-2 for Tampa Bay yesterday

Vancouver vs. San Jose at 5:00 p.m. today. I hope to have supper dishes cleared up and start watching. If Vancouver lets in some easy goals, I'm going into a closet to cry.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I don't think it is against the law to be a Canucks fan Luba. Unless you live in Quebec, I suppose.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Great game yesterday. The Vancouver Canucks are up three games and are back home for Tuesday's game.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I thought the series stood at 3-1?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    I thought the series stood at 3-1?
    That's what I meant to say!

You at least have the next game as a safe game. Even if the Canucks lose, they are still favorites in the series. Enjoy the game .

You at least have the next game as a safe game. Even if the Canucks lose, they are still favorites in the series. Enjoy the game .
    Thanks, Vautrin; and you'll be glad to know I stuck by your great advice and just enjoyed the game, even if it did go the way I wanted in the second and third periods. The first period, with five penalties, I really, really had to concentrate on the wisdom you shared with me.

I'm just glad that Christian Ehrhoff is off the roster for now with an injury. Every time this guy suits up I'm worried we're going to lose and I truly think that if he returns to the line up, he may single handedly cost Vancouver the Stanley Cup.

While I don't think he makes a ton of mistakes, the ones he makes almost always turn into scoring opportunities on Vancouver. He bobbles the puck at the worst possible time and I'm surprised that nobody seems to be noticing.

One surprise is the play of Raffi Torres. Not only is he nearly tripping over himself to gain the puck, he's trying to hospitalize the other team. He really is playing a pivotal role on the Canucks this year.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Ryan Kesler has been on fire right through the playoffs.
    Last edited by Luba; 05-24-2011 at 07:12 AM.

It was funny through the Chicago series as Kesler was the only Canuck being interviewed most of the time because he was clearly outplaying the entire team.

It's is nice to see the Sedins finally producing and I believe Henrich now leads the league with the most playoff points. If the Canucks keep playing the way they are it really could be the year we see the Stanley Cup come to Vancouver.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I like the way they are thinking just to the next game and playing hard. With every interview I've seen not one player has mentioned winning the Stanley Cup, only the next game. If one game is lost, they don't concentrate on the loss, only to play hard next time. I like that focused thinking and I think their mindset is helping them with these playoffs.

I'm glad the Sedins are doing well now. The media sure gave them a beating. I believe it was Henrik Sedin who said he doesn't read or listen what the media says.

Well the Canucks did it in double overtime off a weird bounce off a glass stanchion. Nobody on the ice knew where the puck was except for Kevin Bieksa who nearly fanned on the shot but got enough on it to get the goal.

Now we're off to the Stanley Cup Final, Go Canucks!!!

My Daughter Rules!

Any preference between the Bruins and the Lightning?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Well the Canucks did it in double overtime off a weird bounce off a glass stanchion. Nobody on the ice knew where the puck was except for Kevin Bieksa who nearly fanned on the shot but got enough on it to get the goal.

I'm pretty darn ecstatic right now!

Any preference between the Bruins and the Lightning?
    Hard to respond to that one....maybe the team that is horribly tired and can't squeeze an ounce of energy to play in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

You closet fan!

Boston is headed for the finals. It looks like the games on the West Coast will all start at 5:00 p.m. which isn't making a lot of working people happy.

What a game! Vancouver Canucks won! With 18.5 seconds left in the third period, Raffi Torres scored the lone goal in the game

. See, you are now actually enjoying the play-offs.

Hope the Canucks can keep it up.

Vancouver Canucks won last night in overtime.

3-2 in the series now. Just have a medic on standby for Luba now .

Remember, relax Luba.

3-2 in the series now. Just have a medic on standby for Luba now .

Remember, relax Luba.
    Oh, Vautrin, I have a HUGE admission to make to you!

I start to watch each game and get a b-a-d feeling since Game three. So after watching it for a few moments and just seeing Boston in Vancouver territory, I quit watching and record it. Since Vancouver lost game three and four SO badly, I couldn't even watch the recorded ones. I know what my problem is. It's because Vancouver hasn't ever won a Stanley Cup and it's SO close but yet so far away.

I am not happy with myself, that like thousands of Canuck fans, we could be considered fair weather fans. That's doesn't sit right with me as I really have to be a decent fan, win or lose. I'm really working on that and any advice would be appreciated.

Even if the Canucks lose now, they have given a fair account of themselves. That is what really counts. Your team does not always have to win, but at least they have to try and perform. And they sure have this season.

Even if the Canucks lose now, they have given a fair account of themselves. That is what really counts. Your team does not always have to win, but at least they have to try and perform. And they sure have this season.
    That's absolutely true! This has been the most memorable year for greatness for them, for sure!

I saw on the news today that they need to beat Boston in one more game and hey presto, the Stanley Cup will be theirs.

Fingers crossed for all you Canadians A special wish and cheers for the lovely Mrs Luba, whom i know is a mad fan and would love to kick those Boston Butts

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    I saw on the news today that they need to beat Boston in one more game and hey presto, the Stanley Cup will be theirs.

Fingers crossed for all you Canadians A special wish and cheers for the lovely Mrs Luba, whom i know is a mad fan and would love to kick those Boston Butts
    Thanks, Snooks! Boston is a very powerful team and their goalie is un-believable! The next game is in Boston and will be do or die for them, so it's going to be a hellova game for sure! I expect there to be bodies taken out....

Boston is also deadly on home ice. If it goes seven games as the predictions seem to be, I will chew all my knuckles right down to my elbows and will never come on Lifesupporters again as I won't be able to type.

Thread Information