Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hockey

Re: Hockey

I'll not check the results then, and I will see if there are any posts by Luba from the 13th onwards.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    I'll not check the results then, and I will see if there are any posts by Luba from the 13th onwards.
    That's hilarious, Vautrin!

I honestly don't remember when I got this crazeee with watching a series. I think I should sign myself into a mental institution.

I don't think I was this nervous even giving birth.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Better don't tell your kids.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Better don't tell your kids.
    Actually that was real p-a-i-n and this is just nervousness. I'd gladly go through that pain again to have those beautiful boys as babies one more time.

Talk about off-topic, comparing watching hockey to having babies.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

So many puns ... so many word plays.

But since it is a family forum

So many puns ... so many word plays.

But since it is a family forum
    You now have me very curious. We can create a new topic in the 'over 20' if that is where this is going....

I'll let others decide.

Suddenly I had to think of your innocent face treatment thread.

I'll let others decide.

Suddenly I had to think of your innocent face treatment thread.
    Oh yes, I can't believe how much flack I took over that! But it's all good, because I've learned SO much!

Well, I have to admit, getting this topic back to Hockey, thanks to you, Vautrin, my nervousness has been changed into laughter. ...and it didn't take long at all.

Season opener between Vancouver Canucks and Pittsburgh Penguins starts Thursday night. I am determined not to get over-the-top if they make it to the Playoffs this season. I'm going to be so laid-back, I'll be like a changed woman.

Have you told your husband yet?!?

Have you told your husband yet?!?

No, I don't want to live up to something that is just an idea that I'm going to practice.

The joke used to be "that is what marriage is all about" .

Vancouver Canucks lost their first game to the Pittsburgh Penguins in a shoot-out.

I am determined not to get over-the-top if they make it to the Playoffs this season. I'm going to be so laid-back, I'll be like a changed woman.
    Am i missing something? Cause im not believing what i am reading You have to go Mad, go over the top for your favourite team Thats part of the fun and enjoyment and essential if you are to be their "Head Cheerleader".

When i watch my favourite team at home (different sport), I have on their jersey, a beanie, scarf and i wave a flag. Visitors are banned from coming unless they remain in total silence throughout the match, or have a genuine interest in the match.

Going nuts is what supporting your team is all about

No, you're not missing anything! I got so wound up about the Vancouver Canucks playoffs last year I was not only anxious, I became a physical wreck! Then the riots happened and totally took away from what the games were supposed to be.

I, too, wore my Canucks t-shirt through the games, yell at the television which is why I'm banned to the other room with the door closed.

I, too, wore my Canucks t-shirt through the games, yell at the television which is why I'm banned to the other room with the door closed.
    You could buy your husband earplugs ...

I would daresay that after all these years of marriage, he has probably bought a set of Heavy Duty Ear Muffs

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    I would daresay that after all these years of marriage, he has probably bought a set of Heavy Duty Ear Muffs
    !!!

Actually, if the man wants peace and so isn't interested in Hockey with all the rule changes since he played, he doesn't want to hear me OR the television; hence, we're both barred.

Actually, if the man wants peace and so isn't interested in Hockey with all the rule changes since he played, he doesn't want to hear me OR the television; hence, we're both barred.
    He quit when the helmet was introduced?

Rule changes complicate the game. It has been an issue in a lot of sports, sadly.

[QUOTE=Vautrin;146356]
    He quit when the helmet was introduced?
    Actually, I believe it was one of the reasons.

Rule changes complicate the game. It has been an issue in a lot of sports, sadly.
    Watched the half-time show the other day, and even the announcers started getting into quite a heated discussion over some new rules.

It is one thing to make minor changes to the rules, but it is another thing to make changes to the rules, for the heck of it.

Games and sports exist for the audience and the players, not for the broadcasters.

Wonderful hockey game between Vancouver and Colorado night before last and Cory Scheider stopped every shot. Score 1 - 0. Brilliant goal tending I thought.

I have yet to watch my recorded game between Vancouver and Dallas, so please no one tell me the score. I've only watched one period and the score was tied.

Cory Schneider in goal again for Vancouver for a 5 - 2 win.

Wow unfortunaltley we know how that turned out for the canucks.Huge hockey fan here in Detroit.Started out a leaf fan from when I was a kid in the 70's playing hockey I saw more leaf games then wings at the time.Still a leaf fan but they have to come 2nd to the home team.Lidstrom retired this year Detroit in a bit of a rebuid,however theve been to the playoffs 20 straight yrs with 4 cups in that span,so were ready for whatever.Just got done getting my 9 year old his new equipment this year.Hes going to camp next week with the junior whalers,hockey will be back soon.

Looks like it will be quite awhile before we see NHL Hockey again.

One day after the expiry of a deadline to save a full 82-game schedule, the NHL officially cancelled games through Nov. 30 on Friday.

"The National Hockey League deeply regrets having to take this action," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a statement. "By presenting a proposal to the NHLPA that contemplated a fair division of revenues and was responsive to Player concerns regarding the value of their contracts, we had hoped to be able to forge a long-term Collective Bargaining Agreement that would have preserved an 82-game regular season for our fans. Unfortunately, that did not occur.

"We acknowledge and accept that there is joint responsibility in collective bargaining and, though we are profoundly disappointed that a new agreement has not been attained to this point, we remain committed to achieving an agreement that is fair for the players and the clubs — one that will be good for the game and our fans."

Friday's announcement could result in 326 regular-season games — or 26.5 per cent of the season — missed should the entire month of November be lost.
    NHL cancels games through Nov. 30

What do hockey fans think and how are you surviving?

Thread Information