Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hockey

Re: Hockey

It is sad, but is it really necessary to have massive seasons?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    It is sad, but is it really necessary to have massive seasons?
    Yes!!!

On a serious note, some NHL would be nice! Lots of businesses suffering....and so am I!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Luba, since the invention of videorecorders, you can record matches, and pause them, when you want to drool at butts.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Luba, since the invention of videorecorders, you can record matches, and pause them, when you want to drool at butts.
    Have you been peeking? That's what I actually do!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

The only question I have: Why has your husband not replaced the television with some poster images?

The only question I have: Why has your husband not replaced the television with some poster images?
    No idea. I should ask him.

Then he'd be wanting poster images of girls in tiny outfits playing volleyball on the beach.

...better to leave it the way it is now.

Well, at least when you would have an argument, you both have something to look at

NHL is back and I see the Vancouver Canucks are playing Saturday night. Though I am far from excited about it, I might watch part or all of the game. As fans are interviewed before the game as they go into the stadium, I'd like to hear what they say, how full the stands are, and how the players themselves are going to play. I guess I'm going to watch more out of curiosity to it all than actually enjoying the game. I'll see how it goes....

"A red-headed biker babe caused a scene in a small B.C. town, when a Canucks goal disallowed under very dubious circumstances. She decided to install a sound system around the house of the responsible ref. She switched it on at night, and for 24 hours straight the sound of laughter reverberated throughout the neighborhood. Allegedly it drove the residents of the house insane, but a compromise between the biker babe and the ref was reached, resulting in a forced appointment with the optometrist."

That kind of unenthusiastic?

"A red-headed biker babe caused a scene in a small B.C. town, when a Canucks goal disallowed under very dubious circumstances. She decided to install a sound system around the house of the responsible ref. She switched it on at night, and for 24 hours straight the sound of laughter reverberated throughout the neighborhood. Allegedly it drove the residents of the house insane, but a compromise between the biker babe and the ref was reached, resulting in a forced appointment with the optometrist."

That kind of unenthusiastic?
    Oh....my....gosh, how I LOVE that!

Yes, THAT kind of unenthusiastic.

Have the hockey game on just for background noise, not really watching.

Sure ... that is because the Canucks are not playing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Have the hockey game on just for background noise, not really watching.
    Sure ... that is because the Canucks are not playing yet.
    Truth be told, don't know if I'll get excited about that game tonight, or if I'll really watch.

I know fans have gotten apologies from Bettman and the players, but how do we get back that enthusiasm?

It will be forgotten in a year's time. No worries about that.

It will be forgotten in a year's time. No worries about that.
    Yes, I'm quite sure about that. I don't hold grudges for long, actually less and less as time moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post

Yes, I'm quite sure about that. I don't hold grudges for long, actually less and less as time moves on.
    "A red-headed biker babe caused a scene in a small B.C. town, when a Canucks goal [was] disallowed under very dubious circumstances. She decided to install a sound system around the house of the responsible ref. She switched it on at night, and for 24 hours straight the sound of laughter reverberated throughout the neighborhood. Allegedly it drove the residents of the house insane, but a compromise between the biker babe and the ref was reached, resulting in a forced appointment with the optometrist."
    Sure ...

I didn't watch Saturday night's Canucks game, they lost 7 - 3. One of the fans interviewed after the game said it was the worst game he'd ever seen.

I can't believe I haven't watched a single game since it's come back on and many games to be seen. Maybe it's because it's been missing so long that my desire to watch is no longer there?

Could be. The addiction might have been broken?

Could be. The addiction might have been broken?
    I don't know, it sure feels strange to me. I don't even bother to look up the scores or check to see who is playing.

Hockey is supposed to be Canada's game.

I thought it was lacrosse?

I thought it was lacrosse?
    Not in this neck of the woods or even News stories. It's hockey and more hockey.

I'm late with this News as I'm very disappointed in the firing and am having a difficult time getting over it. Alain Vigneault was a great Coach in my humble opinion.

The Vancouver Canucks fired head coach Alain Vigneault on Wednesday, less than two years after he guided the club to the seventh game of the Stanley Cup final.
    Vancouver was the first team eliminated in the NHL playoffs this month, the first time in 12 years it was swept in the post-season, this time courtesy the San Jose Sharks. The Canucks, who finished seventh in the 30-team league in points this season, have been ousted in the first round the past two years despite having home-ice advantage.
    "We have made the very difficult decision to relieve Alain Vigneault, [and assistants] Rick Bowness and Newell Brown of their coaching duties today," Canucks president and general manager, Mike Gillis said in a statement. "Alain, Rick and Newell worked tirelessly to lead this team to great on-ice success. I am personally grateful to each of them and their families for their commitment to the Canucks and the city of Vancouver and wish them continued success in future."

Canucks fire coach Alain Vigneault

SO happy to see Alex Burrows of the Vancouver Canucks getting two goals the other night. His 40-fame drought is over even though the Canucks are having a difficult time this year.

Watched the Press Conference where Francesco Aquilini and the new President of the Vancouver Canucks answered questions about the new direction the Canucks are taking! I'm very excited again; wishing Mr. Linden and the Canucks the best in the coming years! Wishing Mike Gillis the best in his new endeavors as well!

Thread Information