Thread: Batman Begins

Batman Begins

I happened to catch it quite by accident on television yesterday and I loved this movie, everything about it. Christian Bale as Batman was wonderful as he was in "The Dark Knight" also Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman! Liam Neeson, too in this one.

What I particularly liked is how Batman came to be, how his suit was created, the batmobile, and finding the bat cave; totally intriguing.

For those of you that had seen it, what did you think of the movie? If you haven't seen it and are a Batman fan, I recommend it!

YouTube - Batman Begins Trailer
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Batman Begins

I've heard a lot of feedback on both ends of the spectrum about Batman Begins from "the best movie based on a comic book ever" to "boring and slow".

I happen to be on the "best movie based on a comic book" spectrum. I loved the fact they took the movie seriously for a change and finally explained in a believable fashion how an ordinary man could actually become a super hero. Virtually everything they've done with the new Batman series of movies is unique in that the characters are all plausible and have an air of authenticity.

I'm not even a fan of Batman or any super hero/comic book series but the new Batman has sucked me right in. I love the dark and serious film noir feel of the movies and the acting really is second to none as far as I'm concerned.

While there may not have been a lot of action in Batman Begins, one has to understand that they had a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time. They had to create Bruce Wayne in a believable manner and properly explain why he became Batman and make it feel authentic; no small task for any movie.

As I stated previously I was never a fan of Batman but now I can honestly say that I am.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I enjoyed watching the Batman movies with Christian Bale. I don't remember specifics only that I liked the movies.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I thought this interview with Christian Bale very interesting and quite intriguing, especially his explanation about the Batmobile.

YouTube - Christian Bale interview for Batman Begins
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

For those interested in the new Batmobile and how they made all that happen please see the following link:

HowStuffWorks "How the Batmobile Works"

It's interesting to note that at no time was a computer generated car actually used. The new Batmobile is a real car that can go 0 - 100 in 5 seconds.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    For those interested in the new Batmobile and how they made all that happen please see the following link:

HowStuffWorks "How the Batmobile Works"

It's interesting to note that at no time was a computer generated car actually used. The new Batmobile is a real car that can go 0 - 100 in 5 seconds.
    I found that fascinating!

Thread Information