What antivirus do you use?

What antivirus do you use? Or antispyware.

Re: What antivirus do you use?

Kaspersky currently. Haven't had any issues, seems to be pretty unobtrusive.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I've used AVG in the past and it was ok. The last year or so I've been using MS Security Essentials. Both are free but I thought the MS software took up less space. I just switched to Norton on my desktop. Seems to use less memory than the others. My ISP provides it for free so I thought I'd give it a try.

I have not has any issues with viruses or spyware in a long time. I think using a 3rd party web browser helps also. Firefox is good but kinda fat these days. Been using google chrome and love it. It's super fast.
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

I'm with you wdh, I used to use AVG but stopped abruptly about a year ago when AVG could no longer be shut down via the task manager. I like playing games and since anti virus eats up critical system resources I like software that can be shut down or at least hibernate while I game.

Now I'm using Avast Free and like it fine. I do like the fact it has a gaming/silent mode whereby it automatically idles eating as few resources as possible while resource heavy software is running like games, rendering software, video, etc.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I use Google Chrome too and I agree. It is fast and I don't have popups or much spyware or adware getting on my computer.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I use the free versions of ZenOK Free Antivirus 2011 and Malewarebytes Anti-Maleware program. ZenOK is on a scanning schedule and runs once a day, it also scans e-mails and web sites. I run Maleware once or twice a week ( not on my comp much these days ).

Thread Information