The Walking Dead

It's beginning to look as if Zombie Apocalypse themes are on the rise not just in gaming and movies but now on TV. The Walking Dead is one such series and made for television.

The Walking Dead - AMC Series - Official Site - AMC

I have to admit that I'm not much of a Zombie movie fan but over the past few years zombies have certainly become more interesting in nature. What I find interesting is they are certainly more mobile than they were back in the Night of the Living Dead days.

The other thing that I find interesting is the Zombies typically only kill to feed, a very basic instinct; yet it is man that turns on one another and kills what few are not yet infected in the never ending struggle for control.

Do you watch Zombie movies at all and if so, what is it you like/dislike about them?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: The Walking Dead

I've loved the Stephen King movies and I'll probably try to check out the site to watch a few episodes before I make my 'yes or no' post.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I love zombie movies. But now that you've asked, I honestly can't tell you what I like about them. I guess I'd just rather watch a bunch of flesh eating, rotting corpses instead of some romance movie, lol. And about The Walking Dead, I finally got a chance to see it last night. I had been meaning to keep up with it ever since I saw the first commercial for it, but I didn't know when it came on. From what I've seen, it seems alright.

The Walking Dead is actually pretty well done, at least so far. I do wish however that the Zombies were a little less cumbersome than they are portrayed but other than that it certainly feels authentic enough you know, for a zombie movie
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

If it wasn't advertised every 5 minutes I might feel like checking it out but the ads are annoying. Probably won't watch it.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

LOL! That big "Warning" that scrolls at the bottom of another movie had me fooled for a good 2 minutes. It's one of the reasons I decided not to watch it. Then the hourly countdown is very annoying, so phooey on it.

I do like Zombie movies though. I keep thinking how cool it would be for the first week being one of the few survivors left here. Oh the shopping sprees I would go on! Other than that, zombie movies are pretty funny to me. Well, expect for the desperate loneliness of what the characters may be going through and cruel death that is sure to follow - but eh, it's one of the funnier "End of the World" scenarios.

Well tonight was the season finale of the Walking Dead and I honestly think it is by far one of the best zombie related films ever made. Although numerous movies, games, books, etc., have touched on the zombie apocalypse, none have come close to how the Walking Dead portrays it.

Typically zombie movies portray the dead rising but the focus on dead rising and living infection seems to cloud the bigger picture that this really is an extinction event. In fact, I can't think of one other instance where not only did they focus on the utter hopelessness of a zombie apocalypse but nobody actually tackled the issue of how zombies actually happen in the first place.

The season finale had the cast decide (although hesitantly) that the CDC (Center for Disease Control) would likely be a beacon of hope. Unfortunately, there was only one Doctor left at the CDC and his own clock was winding down not because he was bitten, more because time had run out for him.

What was really great was he had recorded an "event" in a test subject more affectionately known as TS19 who we later learn as things fall apart, was his infected and dying wife. They show a time lapse of how these zombies come to exist in the first place and it's truly brilliant.

They akin the disease to meningitis in that it travels to the brain and eventually shuts the brain down followed abruptly by the body. Then after a period of as soon as 3 minutes and as long as 8 hours, limited brain functionality returns however it is primarily limited to the area around the brain stem explaining why only the most basic of instincts return.

Anyway, the backup generators run out of diesel and since the power grid is no longer running the CDC goes into automated shutdown and decontamination. The season ends with the Doctor whispering something into the main characters ear just before they escape the CDC and it blows sky high.

Great season, I can't wait until the next one!!!

If you do like zombie movies and want to see one that has a very believable air of authenticity then I strongly recommend this series. It truly is second to none.
    My Daughter Rules!

The walking dead is awesome! right now i'm waiting for season 5. Daryl is hot, hope they will not kill Glen

i'm stuck with season 4, i didn't want the story goes so far.

Thread Information