OMG my babys father is a sex offender!

I met "D" about a year ago. He was Handsome,charismatic, had a good job, and treated me like a Queen.My family adored him and thought finally I had a "Keeper".He was well liked and respected by all my friends.
    He was also a Registered Sex Offender.
    I DID NOT know this until they came to arrest him for 3rd Degree Sexual Assault of a Child(2nd offense!)on Aug. 13,2010. Our daughter was 3wks old.I felt like a fool! Especially since NOW I know you can search for RSO's for FREE on the internet.
    I live in a small town(pop 900) Not only does EVERYONE here know about this now,but it's been in 11 local newspapers,on 3 T.V. news stations and 5 local radio news broadcasts! There is no one here to talk with about this,and I'm going crazy!
    He is going to prison(hopefully for 50 yrs.)and he will NEVER have contact with my baby again. But,I don't know what to tell her about him when she gets old enough to ask.Or worse,if someone from town "accidently" lets it slip.
    I know I haven't done anything wrong,but I can't help but feel like I have. I feel TERRIBLE for his victim and her family! I wish I could have found some way to have prevented what happened.
    I am SO ANGRY! I'm 42yrs old and not only do I now have to raise my daughter alone,but with THIS hanging over our heads!
    I've already started on a NO CONTACT order,and am working on getting his parental rights termminated.But I am having a hard time dealing with the Anger,Guilt and Depression. I'm trying to be strong for my daughter,she's the reason I get up in the morning!
    My mom says I just need to move away.I don't believe in running away from probs., and I don't have the strength right now to consider it.I just feel awful.
    I want to thank you for listening,just being able to talk about it helps alot!

"Our greatest Glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall."

Re: OMG my babys father is a sex offender!

I am so sorry weldergirl. As for what to tell your daughter, I think when she is old enough you should tell her the truth. Then if someone does slip and say something she is prepared and also it won't come back to haunt you later. As for what the town thinks well you will have to judge their reaction and deal accordingly. You haven't done anything wrong and they will eventually forget about it and move on to the next town issue soon enough. You will certainly find out who your true friends are. Hang in there. Might be a good idea to seek counselling or something too. You are a victim as well. We are here for you.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: OMG my babys father is a sex offender!

WOW... That blows !! 42 and single mother, I would say find a older man to marry. And just say that's her father. Right now there are allot of older guy's that are alone, and you don't have to worry about their past catching up.

That's a sad story and I am sorry, and when she get's older. I would move... People can't keep their mouths shut.
    “When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ” Arthur Conan Doyle

" If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. I will choose Free Will " RUSH

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a Spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self discipline.

Thread Information