A Positive Mental Diet

Most of you know that I read a chapter of inspirational material everyday to get my day started on an uplifting path! We are mostly concerned with a physical diet and keeping in good shape, how about our minds? Sometimes all one needs is an uplifting sentence or a kind word which colours the whole day into awe, wonder, and beauty even if we've got problems or heaviness lays upon our hearts.

How about just writing anything uplifting when you check at Lifesupporters and lift someone's Heart? By lifting theirs, it's Wonderful how that Gift comes back to you!

-------------

I LOVE Henry David Thoreau whose writings have had a HUGE impact on my life; here is one more:

Henry David Thoreau used to give himself good news first thing in the morning. He would tell himself how lucky he was to have been born. If he had never been born, he'd never have known the crunch of snow underfoot, or the glint of starlight; he's never have smelled the fragrance of a wood fire nor would he have seen the love light in human eyes. He started off each day with thanksgiving.

`N.V.Peale - "The Power Of Positive Thinking"
    I think that is SO uplifting which made me want to share by creating this thread. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we can add something here everyday to touch someone and make him/her feel better?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: A Positive Mental Diet

Trying another bump up.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Hey Luba - I think it's a shame that people are ignoring the opportunity to post, even though I can see they are being viewed.

It tends to be when life has "settled" that most people forget about such lovely places like this. It would be lovely to hear how others are doing with their lives and that in itself will bring about a change of their mental diet

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Hey Luba - I think it's a shame that people are ignoring the opportunity to post, even though I can see they are being viewed.

It tends to be when life has "settled" that most people forget about such lovely places like this. It would be lovely to hear how others are doing with their lives and that in itself will bring about a change of their mental diet
    I SO agree; then this place would be booming!

We shall keep living in hope

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    We shall keep living in hope
    We shall!

Thread Information