Manipulating the audience

I've been watching one of Tiesto's live performances on YouTube and noticed how he uses gestures, certain points in the music he's playing and lighting effects to generate greater audience response. 1:54 and when the red floods light up - 2:05 -up go the hands at precisely 2:56 By the end of his performance the crowd's gone absolutely bats!

Great showmanship! Just amazing how Tiesto manages to break the crowd like that! And I’d love to go to one of his concerts. Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJ9AERbTNw

Re: Manipulating the audience

Not my cup of tea, (both music and crowd wise; I don't do massive crowds) but he is a good entertainer. Just about the only decent export the Dutch have these days .

I suppose the great entertainers all have mass crowd management skills. A certain Freddy Mercury comes to mind.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I wish I had crowd management skills, we'd have zillions of active members spamming the forums at all times
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Ah, but that’s totally a different ballgame. For that, you need to subtly manipulate members by posting in such a way as to generate zillions of knee-jerk reaction.

That would be a forum on politics. Instant warfare guaranteed, however.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thread Information