Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job Interview

Job Interview

I have a job interview tomorrow. I am so excited. It is doing things I haven't done in quite a while but I so hope I get it. It would be so fun, a lot of work but fun. I would have to relearn a few things. Wish me luck. I need a change and am hoping this will be it. Another plus is it won't be in the defense industry. I would be working for a commercial company. Yeah!!!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: Job Interview

Wishing you the best of luck. And get the job (if it is to your liking)!
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Good luck, TK! Wishing you the best!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Great news! Fingers crossed .....

Thanks guys! You are the best.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

The interview went great. Might be in a new office in a couple weeks. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!

Great to hear that the interview went well. Hopefully you'll be in a new office soon .
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    The interview went great. Might be in a new office in a couple weeks. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!
    I'm in your corner and wishing you the very Best, TK!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Well the guy called me this morning. I got the job! Yeah me!! I will give my current company 2 weeks notice and start my new job on the 28th. I am excited.

Sweet! Congratulations, and enjoy the new job!

P.S. We need to have a party to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Well the guy called me this morning. I got the job! Yeah me!! I will give my current company 2 weeks notice and start my new job on the 28th. I am excited.
    What Wonderful News! Congratulations, TK!

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Sweet! Congratulations, and enjoy the new job!

P.S. We need to have a party to celebrate.
    I like the party idea!!!

YAY!!!! So happy for you and you so deserve it too!!!! Well done!!! xx

God I am soooo jealous! I need to do some serious applications as well - I'd love to change the industry...

Very well done, TKD lady, tell us how it goes, if you like your new job, the colleagues, etc!

CONGRATS!!!!
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

I will fill you all in once I start. I have to give my current company 2 weeks or at least I feel I should. Need to get someone else smart on what I have been doing so they can take over for me.

They can insist you work the two weeks, or they even may tell you not bother showing up for those weeks (with pay, so that would not be bad).

As for a handover, those can be extremely tricky things to deal with. Hopefully the person taking over your responsibilities
    a) has a brain
    b) is not driving you crazy

Hope it works out for you.

I am not on bad terms with anyone so the 2 weeks will be welcomed by my boss. Finding the person to take my place will be a bit difficult. Not because no one else could do it because it certainly isn't that hard if I can do it, but because the software department is pretty thinly spread as it is. Adding more tasks to someone else's already full plate will be the challenge. Guess I will find out tomorrow how this will go down. A bit nervous about that. I hate being the bearer of bad news.

Just remember that the office is responsible for your desire to leave. Not the other way around. It is difficult to be the bearer of bad news (I hate it as well).

At worst it should only be a temporary responsibility of whomever takes over - if the office is thinly spread as it is, they should hire someone to replace you.

They just laid off some people. And now they are hiring some again. I don't get it. Oh well, soon won't be my problem.

That is capitalism. Does not make much sense, to be honest.

So, how did it go?

I have been with my employer for 19 years. I was offered a new job last November and I start in April. I found every stage increadibly stressful: telling my boss, then my team, then the rest of the senior management team, then everyone else. But I do finally feel ready to leave. Almost. So if you find it difficult just remember that you are doing well to leave in 2 weeks given that it's taken me 4 months!!

I think you are also very committed to what you do Meanon. I am much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon View Post
    I have been with my employer for 19 years. I was offered a new job last November and I start in April. I found every stage increadibly stressful: telling my boss, then my team, then the rest of the senior management team, then everyone else. But I do finally feel ready to leave. Almost. So if you find it difficult just remember that you are doing well to leave in 2 weeks given that it's taken me 4 months!!
    I must be a facebook addict, 'cause I was looking for the "Like" button, near your post!

April sounds great! Anji, there must be something in the air, 2011 must be the year of change! Hopefully for the better ! I cannot wait 'till you start your new job!
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    2011 must be the year of change! Hopefully for the better !
    Quoted for Desired Truth

Thread Information