Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    tradtke Guest

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    The sole intention should be to STOP the immediate threat by use of a centre mass shot(s). Killing is not the intention, stopping the immediate threat is.
    Ideally yes. But aiming for less sensitive body parts is tricky, and if you hit the wrong area, then death could be the consequence for the "victim". Intentions do not determine outcomes, sadly.

    I am not sure, but the popular attitude in the US seems to be that an attack on a person in the US may be met with deadly force (I would think it depends to a large extent on the State. I am sure Texans feel stronger that way, than say New Englanders) to protect oneself.

    Gun vs. gun battles are not the right time to have any doubts about the consequences of shooting at another person, as it may cost you your life. Remember, a burglar has less reason to shoot an unarmed person than a person who is armed with a gun.
    each state has their own laws and I'm not familier with anything except wisconsin. I'm sure in TX if you say anything to someone you can shoot them.

    As far as Gun battles I agree. That is my point exactly. The problem is that people want to get a permit or what ever the law will require and thats it, they have a gun. they don't care about the laws except that they can carry. It takes ALOT of training to be able to react without thinking and my guess is that people are not going to take this time since all they care about is being able to carry. It takes a MIN. of 2000 reps for an action to become muscle memory. My guess is that its not likely someone is going to take the time to draw their weapon over and over thousands of time. On top of this studying the law is a continual action. you MUST know the law and actions to react without thinking.

  2. #27
    tradtke Guest

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What are you even talking about wdh, you ruined your persona around here ages ago you bl00dy redneck dumb@ss

    I agree that people should have the right to have firearms to protect property. In fact, I think you should be allowed to run current through your entire house when your not home so if anyone tries to touch anything you don't want them to, zzzzzzzttttt, electrocuted/dead.

    The problem with home break-ins is that there have actually been well documented cases of a criminal getting injured while breaking in and then suing the owner for their injuries. Winning the case or not is completely irrelevant, the fact that it ever makes it to trial is the problem.

    I'm not going to go on a Law rampage but anyone who's spent any time around here knows how I feel about our Legal System, or lack of system as I see it.

    BTW wdg, are you referring to Canadians as "the rainbow utopia club"? I wasn't sure what your point was in the following quote re:Canadians:

    Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere
    So you are part of the rainbows and unicorn utopia crowd. We get along just fine knowing that I just might have a bigger gun than the other guy and maybe more bullets to boot. I don't worry at all about most of this stuff. I'm not paranoid and wear a tin foil hat (well unless there is alcohol involved) and have no problems knowning at any given time there may be people walking around with a concealed weapon.
    The one thing I can say that is if I was a cop, I'd be frickin' terrified and have one hand on the butt of my revolver constantly.
    That would probrably not be a good idea, I can almost guarntee that if your hand got close, chances are they would draw on you. I know cops who have justifiable drawn on someone simply because they would not remove their hand from there pockets.

    I agree about your opinion of your house, unfortunatly its not the law, and they law is what counts if you want to stay out of prison. I find it a perversion of law that a criminal can sue someone for getting injured for breaking into a house. I also think that the justification of using deadly force to protect your house should be far less. But thats me, not the law.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    On the water...
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    God bless the USA!
    I'm so much cooler online...

    There is no kill switch for awesome.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia.
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    That would probrably not be a good idea, I can almost guarntee that if your hand got close, chances are they would draw on you. I know cops who have justifiable drawn on someone simply because they would not remove their hand from there pockets.
    That would be the standard proceedure.....not only for ones safety but also to be aggressive, hoping to secure compliance from the "offender".

    But drawing down is totally different from discharging with intent.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    22

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Iíve read through all the posts and wasnít going to respond but alas as a PA (Prosecuting Attorney) investigator for the state of Nevada I just canít turn down a good argument. Plus Duke, Tradtke and WDH were having too much fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Personally, I don't care what the Constitution says when it comes to the right to bear arms because that was drafted in the late 1700's, not exactly a time of peace and love in the overall US Historical Timeline.
    Duke, you know men such as Thomas Jefferson, James MadisonÖ. the list goes on are some of the most brilliant minds of US history drafting the US Constitution. Presidents of today donít even come close to comparing to those geniuses especially Thomas Jefferson.

    I think what you are saying is an issue everywhere. BUT I still say much of an education starts at home. No one should rely on the "schools" for a persons "education". I don't have good things to say about my local schools but I know several kids who have gone on to collage, inclunding my own, and have been successful. They are bright and intelligent young people and it's not because of the school sytem!
    And WDH maybe less home school and more collage (spelling) should be in order.

    As far as pepper spray, many cops I know never carry it and hate it with a passion because it never affects the hopped up, drunk SOB like it does himself or other cops. Tasers have saved many criminal lives but they only last for a split second and not fool proof. Itís just one more option a law enforcement officer has in his tool bag but not that practical for home defense.

    All kidding aside, this debate will go on and on across this great country, which is, what makes it so great. Those first 10 amendments known as the Bill of Rights should always be protected. Too many lives have been lost defending them to ever change them. Yes they were drafted many years ago but by some of the most brilliant minds of all time, signed and gave birth to a great country. Happy Independence Day!!!
    Last edited by HappyEnding; 07-04-2011 at 01:20 AM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia.
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Hello Happy Ending

    Nice to meet you....I cant stop laughing over your User Name A friend of mine at work, a young fellah, every pay day goes for a Massage, with a "Happy Ending."

    Off topic i know, but i couldnt help but mention it.

    Nice to chat and see you around the boards.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    27,811

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Well nice to see you HappyEnding and thanks for joining our little debate lol.

    You are very correct that the Constitution was drafted by brilliant minds but my point was that was done in the late 1700's. I'm sure there are plenty of brilliant minds in today's world that could update the Constitution but none of them are in Politics.
    My Daughter Rules!

    Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

    Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

    Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    22

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of brilliant minds in today's world that could update the Constitution but none of them are in Politics.
    Especially our President, nothing brilliant going on there but that is another can of worms.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    22

    Re: Wisconsin CCW insane debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Hello Happy Ending

    Nice to meet you....I cant stop laughing over your User Name A friend of mine at work, a young fellah, every pay day goes for a Massage, with a "Happy Ending."

    Off topic i know, but i couldnt help but mention it.

    Nice to chat and see you around the boards.
    In Nevada that happens quite often, but legal. LOL Nice to meet you too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. wisconsin carry concealed
    By tradtke in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 05:59 AM
  2. Insane Killer Escapes on Field Trip
    By Luba in forum The World around us
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 11:18 AM
  3. Why Wisconsin weather is the worst on earth...
    By RandomSkater in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 07:36 PM
  4. My insane job
    By hezekiah in forum Jobs, Careers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:15 PM
  5. Good debate
    By Mondo in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •