Why do these things happen?

I have not lost a child but today a very close friend of mine did. How do you help, how do you deal with that. His son was an adult and had his own family. He was a good man. Why do these things happen to good people. In our Taekwondo family, we lost a whole family on Saturday. Both parents and all 5 of their children died in a plane crash. It doesn't make sense. What was the reason???
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: Why do these things happen?

I think its almost impossible to advise people on how to deal with this Its so sad and incomprehesible as to how much it affects you.

Ive been in the position of losing 2 children, a boy (Brendon Peter) at one day old and a girl (Teegan Marie) at 1 month old. As much as friends wish to console you, after a while i found it very irritating. I knew they meant well.....but i felt like saying "Just leave it, i can sort it out myself".

I dont know how to offer my condolances.......I also use things like this to convince myself that there is no God. You have Murderers, Rapists and Child Molestors walking around free, so shy would God take an innocent group of people like this?

Sometimes its a sad, brutally hard life that we live.
    Last edited by Snooks; 07-13-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Some say, only the good die young. If things didn't change, things couldn't get better.

My only advice is to say your condolences, then try not to bring it up until your friend does. Like Snooks indicated, it can be frustrating when people try to console you so much sometimes.

Gone, but not forgotten. Forever they live in our memories.

Thank you both.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Thread Information