Night Time Snacks

Do you snack at night? If so, what is your favourite? What did you have tonight?

--------------

I had some watermelon. First one we bought in a couple of years. What a treat!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Night Time Snacks

I snack all the time. Especially when on the computer. Bad habit. Sometimes chips, sometimes Klondike Ice Cream bars. I have tried to eat fruit or veges but don't always have lots of those around.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I am bad with chips. Really bad.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    I am bad with chips. Really bad.
    The fact that the price doubled on them now and the fact that I am frugal, there is less of them in the house. But still have a ways to go to buy even less of them.

Forget the Doritos, all flavours; they are W-A-Y overpriced; haven't had any in ages.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

You are not missing much Luba. Flavoured chips are hardly worth it.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

What is over priced? I like tater chips but only eat them at lunch with a sam-ich.

If I snack after dinner it's usually fruit, slice of cheese, or a piece of lunch meat. Most of the time I just be hungry and not worry about it.
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere View Post
    What is over priced? I like tater chips but only eat them at lunch with a sam-ich.

If I snack after dinner it's usually fruit, slice of cheese, or a piece of lunch meat. Most of the time I just be hungry and not worry about it.
    You are so disciplined. I need to get better.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Anything over a $1.00 a bag because there are less chips in the bag,too. It's mostly air.

I'm into drinking more water these days, but don't after supper as I would be getting up a lot at night.

I am getting better with having fruit instead. Once the ice cream package is finished, I think I'll try cutting out the ice cream, too, even if I have done most of that already.
    Last edited by Luba; 08-04-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Messed up the quotes

The discipline comes and goes. Last night for example, I got bumped off the wagon. At least I was controlled enough to limit myself to 1 Alabama Slammer. I had to try it at the suggestion of a friend. Darn good (and dangerous) drink by the way. My problem is I'm ALWAYS hungry these days. Lot's of exersize does that to me. Just got to be metally tough.

Did I mention how good that Alabama Slammer was?

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Anything over a $1.00 a bag because there are less chips in the bag,too. It's mostly air.

I'm into drinking more water these days, but don't after supper as I would be getting up a lot at night.

I am getting better with having fruit instead. Once the ice cream package is finished, I think I'll try cutting out the ice cream, too, even if I have done most of that already.
    Oh....I get a huge bag (family size) of chips for $3.50. Doesn't seem that much to me. Lasts well over a week.

My folks grow a bunch of different fruits and veggies so there is an overabundnace of it right now which is great. I'm eating blue berries by the mulitple handfulls. I also have a small garden. Easy to eat the good stuff this time of year.

What is in an Alabama Slammer??? Maybe I can persuade you to go off the wagon once more next week!!

I am actually surprised it is a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    What is in an Alabama Slammer??? Maybe I can persuade you to go off the wagon once more next week!!
    It's got a bunch stuff in it. OJ, Slow Gin, Vodka I think...some other flavors. Nothing I'd normally drink. Goes down WAY too easy. Good thing I ate before I had one.

And yeah I'm sure I can persuaded to find another bump to help me fall off the wagon again.

I am actually surprised it is a drink.

I should not have checked ...

That does sound like a good but dangerous drink. Have to try it sometime!! Yum!

Odd as it may sound, nothing is better for a late night snack than warm fruit scones (sultanas) with lots of butter and jam, washed down by a cup or two of coffee.

Man.....thats my favourite and no wonder im fat.

I’m definitely weird. I enjoy snacking on things like prawns and mussels sprinkled with some malt vinegar and pepper.

I hardly have any snacks. I do buy some cookies on occasion, but even then I have to consciously remind myself to have some. Other than that, I try to have some fruit in the evening, and on occasion even some tea.

Mostly an orange or an apple. If nectarines or grapes aren't too expensive, that will be an evening snack.

Hardly eat many different types of fruit. Mostly apples and bananas.

Hardly eat many different types of fruit. Mostly apples and bananas.
    My 'banana break' is almost every morning.

Thread Information