Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Another two years, and your son will be gaming with you. Another two years, and he is beating you at the games you play.

He actually started playing driving games on my xbox over 6 months ago already. I'm afraid he'll be handing my butt to me way sooner then I imagined
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

As long as it is on the XBox and not in the real car ...
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Well, got the game early. Hurray for Dutch shopkeepers trampling all over supposedly releasedates.

And I like it, it looks good, even on the xbox. Lots of writing to do for the blog, but won't start publishing untill friday in order to not poke any fellow bloggers eyes out with my early copy.
    Already got a patch in as well. Very happy with the game so far
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Typical. Never letting mere niceties ruin a good profit making opportunity .
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Yeah, appearantly one shop, either free record shop or game mania, started to release early, and all the other shops followed in order not to miss out on any revenue. I didn't mind though
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

So you're going to have to publish a review of the game along with a few eye candy screenshots to wet our appetites. I'll either buy or pass on the game based on your review...pressure

As for the nudity and f00dity, I'm pretty much good with anything provided it stays away from my outie.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    As for the nudity and f00dity, I'm pretty much good with anything provided it stays away from my outie.
    And now in plain English, Mr. No Pants

Well, no time for a review here :P

today all reviews have come in, and metacritics shows an average score of 95 out of 100 (of 35 reviews), making it the best scoring game ever for xbox and pc, and second best for ps3.

Hope that answers your question.

oh well, here's some pictures then

NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Ok, the game has been officially released, and my blog is taking off like crazy?
    I just was checking stats, and I've had near 400 pageviews in the past 4 hours. Especially dropping a link in the official forums at an appropriate topic brings in visitors like a floodgate opened. Now totaling 1200 pageviews since I started the blog.

It's alot of work keeping it updated, but very satisfying to know it's being read
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

it looks pretty but i never got into the last two elder scrolls games.

Well I've been watching the game for some time now but never got into Oblivion which is the main reason for my hesitation. I've watched a lot of Reviews and a few "Let's Play's" and it does look like something I'll pick up.

I don't think however that I'll pick it up until either December or early January because Arkham City comes out on PC in a few days now and I've had that on pre-order for months. I should have Arkham finished within a few weeks or so and be worn out on BF3 so maybe Skyrim as early as December, who knows?

Oh and btw, congrats on the blog my friend!
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Alright so I broke down and actually purchased Skyrim minutes ago. I figure since the game is so expansive I can just complete it at my own time.

I wonder if I'll ever truly complete it?
    My Daughter Rules!

OK so as I already stated, I picked the game up and what a royal mistake that was. I've already got 9 hours invested in the game and have only scratched the surface at this point.

I can see this game is going to eat up well over 100 hours of my time, dammit
    My Daughter Rules!

You could trim down on BF3 (Boy Friend 3? )

OK so as I already stated, I picked the game up and what a royal mistake that was. I've already got 9 hours invested in the game and have only scratched the surface at this point.

Hahaha, I've seen people post on the bethesda forums they have played 40 hours, and STILL feel like they only have scratched the surface.

Make sure to save regularly though, the open world game is as bug ridden as can be expected at this time. (eventhough I haven't encountered any real bug yet, except for a texture bug plaguing the xbox version)
    Most funny bug I read on the forums untill now is someone having a moose stuck in his hair.

I just finished writing an epic tale on my blog about a quest I did, took me one and a half ingame days to travel through a dungeon. Don't read it yet though if you haven't done the quest yet (you should be able to tell from the title) Took me 5 hours to write it
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

A freind of mine picked it up Saturday and we had a little look on the 360. I'll definitely get this myself around the Christmas holidays.

Just don't let it interfere with your tank driving duties soldier! I'm nothing without a d00key sitting underneath me in an armoured coffin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Just don't let it interfere with your tank driving duties soldier! I'm nothing without a d00key sitting underneath me in an armoured coffin!
    This sounds kinky!!!!!!!!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

i watched some videos online and it looks really good, and fixed my problems with the last few games somewhat, but i dont have time to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Kinky possibly, wrong definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    You could trim down on BF3 (Boy Friend 3? )
    How do you know I'm down to only 3?

Quote Originally Posted by NoTargeT View Post

Hahaha, I've seen people post on the bethesda forums they have played 40 hours, and STILL feel like they only have scratched the surface.

Make sure to save regularly though, the open world game is as bug ridden as can be expected at this time. (eventhough I haven't encountered any real bug yet, except for a texture bug plaguing the xbox version)
    Most funny bug I read on the forums untill now is someone having a moose stuck in his hair.

I just finished writing an epic tale on my blog about a quest I did, took me one and a half ingame days to travel through a dungeon. Don't read it yet though if you haven't done the quest yet (you should be able to tell from the title) Took me 5 hours to write it
    Ya I've learned the hard way that you have to save often because you never know what's around the next corner.

So far I've experienced a number of bugs such as flying high into the air when killed by a giant, disappearing head, animals moving without actually moving their feet, and floating objects.

My favorite was that I now have a haut sidekick that I take with me everywhere and one time she just wouldn't follow me out of this maze area. I had to Fast Travel to a completely different location otherwise I would have lost her, maybe even for good. I love the fact you can have people with you as they act a pretty good distraction for giants, trolls and other big baddies that would otherwise be difficult one on one.

BTW, so far I've killed 3 dragons and saw the dragon spawn part (***awesome***).

This game has literally sent chills up and down my spine numerous times just due to atmosphere alone (level design, music, ambiance).

I wouldn't be surprised if it won GOTY hands down, mind you I haven't played Arkham City yet so...

A freind of mine picked it up Saturday and we had a little look on the 360. I'll definitely get this myself around the Christmas holidays.

I was surprised at how well we worked together. I think that if we just tweak the way we approach armored warfare, we'd be unstoppable.

For instance, I tend to charge in too far too fast and that's just stupid but if you remember my BF1942 days, that's how I roll brotha'. I have to slow down and plan my attack a bit differently and maybe we won't get pwnd so much by rockets.

The other thing I noticed is I'm not spamming the "Q" Button as much as I should be (the spot button) which doesn't help you as a gunner or a tank driver. I don't know how much you spam this button but we should both focus on it because it makes enemy visible even through smoke.

Regardless though I had a lot of fun and didn't realize just how much I missed the old days until this weekend watching you wait for a tank to spawn. Gawd mondo, watching you play sometimes makes me rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Kinky possibly, wrong definitely!
    Is it considered wrong if it feels good
    My Daughter Rules!

Yes the game is awesome, you can really tell all the terrain is hand made as opposed to the autogenerated terrain from oblivion. Things look much more beautiful, and more logical, with caves actually being in a rock face instead of having a rock with a door sticking out of the ground in the middle of nowhere, and stuff like that.

I'm still in riverwood, so next to helgen where you started off I haven't been to any other city or town yet. There's still some more things I want to do around riverwood before I go on my first trip to whiterun.

Oh btw, it still seems to be under discussion wether the flying into the air bit with the giant is a bug or feature. I think it's supposed to happen to some extend, giants being pretty hard hitters, but some people get rediculously high (untill they can't see skyrim anymore).
    It's a pretty good game eh
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

I'll get pwnd by a giant and record it just to show you how ridiculous it is. Also, I have to show you some pics I got of my sidekick running around with an arrow sticking out of her forehead, classic
    My Daughter Rules!

Also, I have to show you some pics I got of my sidekick running around with an arrow sticking out of her forehead, classic
    't is the fashion of the season

I did manage to find a rather annoying part of the game as it's happened to me twice now. I entered this cave inhabited mostly by Vampires and low level Vampire Witches and have been infected with Vamparism twice.

I learned that if you don't get to a healing stone or drink a healing potient within the first 3 days then you're a full blown Vampire which sucks. 3 days sounds like a long time but not when you fast travel everywhere as I do as 3 days can be 3 or 4 fast travels.

I actually had to revert to a previous save initially as I didn't know I was soon to be a full blown Vampire; fortunately that only meant about 30 minutes of playtime. What would be nice is if the game somehow told you that you became infected which it doesn't currently.

Other than that, the game is pretty much perfect so far.

Oh, killed my 4th dragon last night and bought a house

One more really cool feature I didn't know about until last night. If you want to reduce your overall inventory weight, you can make your sidekick carry it. I don't know how much you can make them carry but it is still a very cool feature.

What an awesome touch!!!
    My Daughter Rules!

I think a sidekick can carry like 200 from what I read on the forums.
    As for the vampirism, doesn't it show up under the magic -> effects menu? (where you also can see active diseases and blessings etc)

I don't fast travel at all myself. I also don't look at the ingame map, and I cover up the compass with a post it (as close to a no compass xbox mod I can get heh). Ok, I still haven't left Riverwood, but its very cool to have to navigate using the sun to see what is north (if I can see the sun), and by now I've memorized so many landmarks I can find my way around the part north of riverwood pretty good.
    Also, there's much more detail and little points of interest to find when you don't fast travel, logging areas, special guardian stones, stray chests, hidden house with secret treasure basement. I also noticed that bodies stay way longer, I still come across corpses of stuff I killed over an ingame week ago.
    I also stumbled across two wolves who instead of attacking me started to chase an elk instead, was pretty cool to watch. I also found an empty bandit camp, and as I was taking a break on a bench to have a real life snack the bandits actually returned from some outing and attacked me. It's great how the NPC's are way less static then they were in oblivion. I love all the little details.
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Thread Information