Thread: Two White Ducks

Two White Ducks

What a night! Waking up so many times and I have no idea why! Finally got to sleep, and the most I remember is being accompanied by two white ducks, no matter where I was. There was a person there, too, no idea if it was male or female, I just know someone was there in at least part of the dream. It's the ducks that are still on my mind. It made me feel good to see them, didn't take them at all to be negative until I read this:

To see a white duck in your dream signifies falsehood and deceit.
    Dream Moods Dictionary: Words That Begin With D

So, for the last hour I've been thinking about that. I dreamt of two white ducks, so does that mean double deceit and lies? I can't see who I even think is false or deceitful, and I, sure as heck, am not to anyone. I know I've had on my mind once in awhile the lady that totally betrayed me years ago, and am trying to forgive her even though she has passed on, but that's about it. I'm so confused...
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Two White Ducks

Is this person related / associated with the friend you were thinking of getting in touch with?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Just to add there are multiple meanings to white ducks.

"To dream about ducks suggests either a spiritual liberty, if they are flying, or the subconscious, if they are swimming. Being that ducks can do several things, such as walk, fly, and swim, this could be indicative of your ability to adapt to different circumstances."
    White Duck Dreams: Dream Dictionary & Dream Interpretation
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Is this person related / associated with the friend you were thinking of getting in touch with?
    No, not at all. They didn't even know each other, I'm sure.

----------------

Actually, may have good news about the friend I want to get back in touch with. I found her phone number and called, and it sounded like her voice on the answering machine. I didn't leave a message as I was ready to cry, I missed her so much all these years, but we both just lost contact. Sad, but true.

I will definitely keep trying and to actually get her on the phone now that I've gone this far.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Sounds like a good way forward.

I actually felt really good in the dream about those white ducks, they seemed like pets actually. I have to say it really threw me when I read specifically about white ducks meaning falsehood and deceit. I much prefer what you found as an interpretation, Vautrin.

Sounds like a good way forward.
    You know me, once I make up my mind, there is no stopping me!

Perhaps you had something as innocent as their waggle in their mind, after talking about your cross country skiing skills with me the day before?

I would not worry too much about it.

Perhaps you had something as innocent as their waggle in their mind, after talking about your cross country skiing skills with me the day before?
    Who knows with dreams? Anyway, Vautrin, good interpretation as that is exactly how I skied.

I would not worry too much about it.
    I'm not going to as talking about it helps. I'm just going to enjoy the fact that the ducks did make me feel good in the dream.

-----------------

Maybe there is someone in my life who my gut doesn't trust, I don't know. In the hour I've spoken about, I've gone over everyone I know, and they seem to be on the up-and-up!

You may even have externalized yourself in your dream, so you may have been commenting / noticing yourself in it? Perfectly harmless.

You may even have externalized yourself in your dream, so you may have been commenting / noticing yourself in it? Perfectly harmless.
    I have no idea; all I know is seeing the white ducks made me feel happy somehow, content, too!

I'm not going to give that negative version one more single moment of thought!

Thread Information