Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What happened to customer service?

I have had a moving company scheduled to come here by today for well over a month. The paperwork was set and I had paid a deposit. Now, this morning, after 2 phone calls to them to see what was up, I find out that the truck they were going to send is full and they don't know when the next one will be able to be scheduled. No calls, no emails, nothing. If I hadn't called I would have sat here all day wondering and wasted another day. Now I am having to beat cheeks to line up another mover in a short amount of time. And I won't even mention all the sh*tty service I am getting from my bank on refinancing our home through them. Does the customer mean absolutely nothing anymore? Do these companies feel so confident in their longevity that they don't feel they need to make the customers happy any longer?? I can't express my anger and frustration enough over all this crap.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: What happened to customer service?

Rant mode: On

Customer means nothing but 'unit to screw over' (especially if you are with Bank of America, or any of the other mass fraud banks, who have stooped as low as refusing to send paperwork for unrequested changes to mortgages, resulting in eviction and foreclosure . Way to make your money BoA and assure that the impish underlings get their performance bonuses!).

Can't you as an American citizen file cases against all the bloody idiots responsible for the economic mess? Democrats, Republicans, the whole lot! The banksters, the pranksters, and all those responsible for trillions of dollars lost in fraud. I am no proponent of the death penalty, but these people are testing my conviction on the matter - and the blatant refusal of the Justice Department to do anything about it is mind boggling. There is a law for CEOs and a law for the rest of us.

I'd say don't accept it. Send a bill to the company. If they refuse to pay, file charges, demanding they'd be declared bankrupt. Would it not be grand if you and a neighbour file for the bankruptcy of BoA, or something similar to that? That could turn out to be a real PR-disaster, and that is where you can hurt these insensitive conglomerations of lobotomized squirrels.

Rant mode: off

I can feel your pain TKDLady, and I hope everything gets sorted asap.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Well I just got a call from the bank. We are closing tomorrow. Still sorting out the movers. I will continue researching mortgages in case B of A screws us again.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I am serious, send them a bill for your time, dealing with their incompetent a$$es. That is your standard pay as an engineer + damages for the psychological trauma you have to deal with. Start at a decent $250 an hour ...

They will not consider the needs of the customer until they are forced to.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I could send the bill but they would just laugh at me I am sure.

Well, if they don't respond, technically they are refusing to comply with legal requirement to respond, which can get them in a whole lot of legal problems.

They are willing to resort to the same measures, so I suppose they are not able to argue that it is legal, since they are making a killing doing just that. Just a few of many examples:

Ramirez Family eviction stopped for now
    Tenants Together*:*Family Evicted Despite Law Protecting Tenants From Landlord's Foreclosure
    That is the scum that is making a fortune of you.

My parents' bank pulled similar stunts on them, needing a whooping 6 months to undo something that was their screwup, and going through the process of harassing my parents repeatedly, and in the end did not even bother to apologize for their sheer incompetence. This was after they had refinanced their mortgage with a different bank.

The idiots could not even enter the right number of Euros being paid to them in their accounting system. Even a 12-year old kid working in a grocery store would have done a better job.

I hear ya. Been a very eye opening month for me!

I am so tempted to write to the Health inspection to demand that they close down some bank, claiming it to be a mental health hazard.

Even if it does not happen, it is good to let out some frustration we experience with these demonspawn.

I wish you were here helping me fight my battles! You would have some unique punishments I think!

You think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    You think?
    Ha Ha, ya I think!!!

How about the eternal call center line, with the voice interrupting every five minutes saying how much the calling banker has netted the operator ... and of course no customer care will ever be forthcoming.

All you need is a prison room and a sound system.

Customer service is a thing of the past and partially brought on by the fact that customers are demanding to save every cent possible and get everything they can at the minimum price. We are actually our own worst enemies.

Sorry to hear about your problems, it must stress the hell out of you and at a time that is stressful enough to start with

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Customer service is a thing of the past and partially brought on by the fact that customers are demanding to save every cent possible and get everything they can at the minimum price. We are actually our own worst enemies.

Sorry to hear about your problems, it must stress the hell out of you and at a time that is stressful enough to start with
    I certainly wasn't demanding anything, just wanted the truck to pick up my stuff like they said they were going to. It has been very stressful. Fortunately I was able to find another moving company and they are taking care of me. To top it off the closing agent is coming today so we can close on our loan. Finally, some progress and a little less stress.

Read carefully before you sign anything, with regards to your loan. At least the devil is upfront about his actual intentions. Banks and their agents sadly not so.

I didnt mean that you were demanding TDK

But as a whole, the general public is learning to barter, haggle and negotiate, forcing the companies to lower profits in an effort to reduce costs. But then they do too many reductions, overbook, cut corners and that sort of stuff and then someone like you gets caught in this position.

Sort of like airlines overbooking on purpose and if everyone turns up, people with valid, paid in advance tickets are unable to fly.

I just think that to some extent that we, the consumer have forced them into such actions by shopping mainly on price, rather than also taking into account quality, reputation, stuff like that. Im always willing to pay a wee bit more if the goods are Australian made....not much, but a bit

Like you, i want GREAT service and in your case, this should never have happened
    Last edited by Snooks; 12-24-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Well, why do we want so much for our money? Because real wages have declined since 1970. A trucker in 1970 could buy a modest home in 1970, get the mortgage financed etc. Nowadays you need to be dual income professionals to achieve that, for the same house.

I don't blame the consumer.

I agree to some extent Snooks but by the same token the companies should have the decency to at least call or write or email when things get beyond their control or when they just plain screw up. I wouldn't have been so upset if they had called me and informed me of the situation. The fact that I had to call and I had to get nasty just makes me angry. I don't like being mean to people especially when the person I am talking to isn't the problem but unfortunately they are the only person accessible. The same thing happened with the bank. We apparently had one more paper to sign due to a change in our loan but I didn't find out until I called to see what was going on with it and by then my loan officer was on vacation until January 3rd. She was not the sharpest tool in the shed anyway but she could have had the decency to tell us so we had a better chance of closing sooner. Fortunately, my rant to the secondary guy got me places and we closed on our loan yesterday. It just shouldn't have taken all that stress and anger with the person on the other end of the phone. I want to go back to 1960.

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all this, TK!

Yes, customer service isn't the same as it was before, it seems. It's not the norm to find people going all out for others. When I DO find that a cashier goes all out to really do a great job, I make sure they know how much I appreciated it, and even going as far as filling out those "Customer Service" sheets that most places have.

Even in phone service, they get my appreciation, too.

I really liked that part of my job when I worked in Retail, and loved to see people happy and appreciative.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Well my new Florida movers came today so my anxiety level has dropped even further. I was very pleased with the professionalism of the guys that came today. Then I got a call from the Oregon movers and they are on their way. I will have about a week of not too much since my Florida movers won't be there until probably a week or more after I get there. I see lots of fast food or paper plates in my near future!! The Oregon movers should be there after the 5th. Not really working out like I had hoped but at least things are in motion. Just wish I was there and starting my new adventure. Leaving on Monday. Going to be along drive.

Customer service is tough to find these days. Sounds like things are working out tho. You know I coulda moved your stuff but then it wouldn't be cheap...but my service would have been great.

Nothing wrong with paper plates but I might try to ditch the fast food. There are better alternatives. Make your change for the better.
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Well if I thought I could get you as my mover I would have started with you!!!! Would have been a big relief for me.

Since my new apartment isn't real convenient to fast food I will probably stick with home cooked on newly purchased cookware since mine won't be available for a while. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it!!!

Thanks for your friendship WDH. It has been nice to have someone to confide in.

You woulda bought me that enclosed trailer I'm jonesin' for if I was your mover. Oh and one hell of a sight seeing trip. And a dinner or two.

Grilled chicken salads don't require too much ya know. I assume they got veggies where yer headed. Bet they got some good steaks too!

Friendships are a two way street. Some get that....others don't.
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

It is farm country. I think I can find a steak, chicken and salad fixin's somewhere!! Ha Ha. I hear they have some really good BBQ too. Looking forward to checking that out and comparing it to the southern BBQ here.

The sight seeing trip and the dinner or two I could handle and would have enjoyed. The trailer would have been a different story. There would have had to be some major negotiating going on for that one!

Thread Information