Madonna Half-Time Show Upstaged by M.I.A's Middle Finger

Because it's listed as Number Two in "Google Trends" this morning, I would say it's a pretty hot topic. I totally missed this in the half-time show in Super Bowl, but apparently a lot hadn't. Brian McCarthy, spokesman for the NFL was quick to apologize.

Madonna's half-time performance at the Super Bowl was, by all accounts, a success. But it still generated a controversial moment -- an extended middle finger from British singer M.I.A.
    The NFL and NBC wasted little time in apologizing.
    "The obscene gesture in the performance was completely inappropriate, very disappointing and we apologize to our fans," said Brian McCarthy, spokesman for the NFL, which produced Madonna's halftime show.

The moment came during the biggest TV event of the year. This year's game, in which the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots 21-17, is expected to challenge last year's record of being the most-watched U.S. TV event ever.

After the incident, McCarthy said that M.I.A. had not done anything similar during rehearsals and the league had no reason to believe she would pull something like that during the actual show.
    Madonna Halftime Show at Super Bowl Upstaged By M.I.A. Middle Finger | Fox News Latino

Did anyone here catch that? Anyone care to start a discussion?
    Last edited by Luba; 02-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Madonna Half-Time Show Upstaged by M.I.A's Middle Finge

i didnt even notice

I did not notice a thing. But I did not really pay attention.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

It was on google news as a top story for about 5 hours! So what, she gave it the middle finger, can't be any worse than watching a bunch of men beat the crap out of each other over a leather ball for a couple of hours.

I think Nancy Grace's wardrobe malfunction on "Dancing with the Stars" was more horrific. I hope that little boy she flashed didn't go blind.

I've actually seen more terrible things in person than on National television when concerning the Oh Great Conservative Bible Belt America. They're all a bunch of hypocrites. We Water Board our enemies and we breast feed our babies in the streets. (My retinas still haven't recovered from the last breast feeding display I witnessed.)

I in general have little issue with women breastfeeding their young children. There are instances however ... and of course it can be done in not so classy ways. Normally however, women do have a better sense of occasion than men (especially those who can make a worn speedo disappear from human vision)
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Yeah... uh... classy is something I would not have described my encounter as. LMAO!

I just happened to turn around at a RETAIL STORE, after walking in. Right in the front of the store (next to the glass front doors) mind you, when all of the sudden... Up goes the t-shirt over the head... Bra comes flopping down while the milk is spirting from her nipples a good uh... 3 inches (NICE DISTANCE!) Poor kid, down below like a rapid sucking machine, waiting to get near this fountain of milk.

It was like a train wreck, I couldn't stop looking.

Thread Information