Do You Talk Too Much?

Are you a talker or more of a listener? Are there times when you can't seem to stop talking? Are there times when you are into silence and wonder why you talk so much?

I'm all three.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Do You Talk Too Much?

I am listening

I am more of a listener than a talker. I tend to be extremely comfortable when everyone is silent, and I am not really inclined to force conversation on anyone. Some people find it difficult to handle that.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I've been told that I seem to have quite a bit of trouble getting to the point.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Your point is?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Your point is?
    Exactly!

By the time I finish what I intended to say I've totally s-t-r-a-y-e-d from my topic...especially if people start getting antsy and looking at their watch...

Def a talker.

I also happen to enjoy silence, but at times I feel like I'm expected to make conversation when I just feel like not speaking.

I went in vacation with a friend who wasn't much of a talker - honestely, one of the best holidays ever. Travel companions, enjoying a foreign country and keeping the civilities to a minimum low - fantastic!!! Our conversations were over breakfast, pouring over banana pancakes and complaining about having to wake up at 5 again (obviously, we would make our own schedule, haha, but the earlier one gets up, the more one gets to visit!)
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

I'm a listener, even when I'm on these forums :P
    I don't talk much, my wife is the same, so we enjoy our quiet evenings after busy days. We make sure the important stuff gets said though. I can be an emotional guy, so my emotions usually find a way out, rarely by talking though.
    I love how me and my wife know eachother well enough that we can exchange thoughts and emotions without needing words.
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Are you a talker or more of a listener? Are there times when you can't seem to stop talking? Are there times when you are into silence and wonder why you talk so much?

I'm all three.
    I'm all four

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon View Post

I'm all three.
    I'm all four
    You have come to the point remarkably quickly here, and you have only used four words. Are you alright?

Knowing Meanon, she must be in one of her marathon days, juggling with work, kids, more work and some posting, !
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

"Effective questioning brings insight, which fuels curiosity, which cultivates wisdom." ~ Chip Bell

Thread Information