Thread: Leaders and Sex

Leaders and Sex

World Leaders and American Presidents have been in the news more than once based on their sexual activities. The media gets a hold of it and it turns into a circus.

Do you personally judge a leader at all...based on their sex life? Do you think they owe the world an example?

For me, it depends:

1. What kind of dog does the leader have?
    2. How long is its tonge? (Both the leader and dog)

Samson...you aren't going to ever let me live down the 'tongue dog' thing....are you???

Personally, I couldn't care less what the leader does with his sexual life. I don't understand why it becomes such a big issue all the time. As long as he's doing a great job with the country, what does it matter?

Like what happened with Clinton. Who cares that he had sexual relations with monica! As far as i'm concerned, I thought he did a great job at being the president. Sex doesn't have anything to do with that.

They do this with anyone famous. I guess it's all part of being in the public eye. Eveybody knows ALL of your business. there is no privacy when you're a leader or famous.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I don't personally care about the sex lives either. I don't think it has anything to do with leadership ability.

Clinton's only error in my book (sexually speaking) was that he committed PERJURY before a federal grand jury. However, since he's married to 'Hillary the Hun'....I even forgave him for that one.

When we make jokes about George Washingon sleeping here and here and here....I alwys wonder what anyone saw in him. Take off the wig and all you've got is a REALLY big nose!

Jack Kennedy was very handsome though. I can understand his ability to totally get around.

How can you possibly turn down every honey who wants a piece of you when your in a big postition of power such as Clinton was? I never thought any worse of him for the act nor the pergury. Yes it was a mistake but it's likely he said what he did because he was advised it was the best course of action.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I think it does, actually. The way the President (or leader) of a country acts directly shows other nations how the majority of his or her country acts.

I do think it was wrong for president Clinton to not only commit adultery.
    Not only did her commit adultery, though, but he also lied about it numerous times.

Someone should be chosen as a leader not only becuase he can make good decisions for a country, but also becuase he can make good decisions in his own household, no matter if it's the white house or a 2 room apartment.

Nobody these days can make good decisions in the household. You're no longer asking for a good man/woman to represent your country, your looking for a saint.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I have to disagree, I know atleast 5 families that are doing the "right thing".

Ofcourse my idea of the right thing and yours are probably atleast fairly different.

Do you know for sure that the families are doing everything right and that there's no skelitons in the closet or nastiness behind closed doors? I hate asking but that seems to be the norm these days rather than the exception.
    My Daughter Rules!

Fact is that nobody is perfect, and that of course includes the leaders and everyone has something that they've done in their lives that they're not proud of. Mistakes. What you see and what's hidden behind closed doors are 2 different things. We don't see people's skeletons in the closets unless we're told about them.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Random...you brought out an interesting point....especially as a young man. I don't think it means someone is less likely to 'do their job'.....but a lot can be said for a man who RESPECTS his wife and family enough not to conduct himself as a wh*re. It IS hard to look up to a man like that....regardless of what job he may hold.

AND you are right....not ALL...not even MOST....men are like that. I know a great many men who run around on their wives....but I know many more who don't.

I know a great many men who run around on their wives
    How do YOU know them?

Quote Originally Posted by Samson
    How do YOU know them?
    Cause I helped???

Seriously, since my kids read around on here from time to time, I only worked around contractors and sailors. I know at least a thing or two about men...and how they operate. I think I've heard it all....and yes, contributed to the 'conversation'.
    :wink:

I think the President is supposed to set a Good example and have Good Faimly values, This country's faimly value's have been flushed down the toilet so what clinton did is "acceptable" I am not a clinton fan personally but I do think he should have been impeached when he had that scandle.. and Hilliary is a fool for staying with him.

Yeah....but if those TWO got divorced and remarried....then there would be FOUR really miserable people in the world. LOL!

You know that women cheat as well but it never seems to be as big a public problem as a president, that doesn't erase the fact. The other thing that bothers me is that I've strayed in my past relationships but not in all of them. The reasons for straying were simple, my current wasn't taking care of my needs.

Unfortunately I did the gutless thing and cheated instead of effectively communicating (an error of youth I'm afraid), but I can't imagine how it must be for someone who is older and very unsatisfied at home. I'm not making excuses for Clinton but I do think he was a fine man and regret the circumstances surrounding him no longer being president.

The facts are that no one will ever really know what happens behind closed doors but even as president he is a human and thus will make mistakes. To expect any different is completely unfair and very unrealistic IMHO.
    My Daughter Rules!

Clinton isn't president because his 8 years were up...not because he couldn't keep his pants zipped. LOL!]

I'm not prone to judge someone on an infidelity issue. I could easily forgive it or overlook it....even if it happened to me. However, there are too many people who do not feel like that. If a leader wants to keep their respect....then that leader will have to be careful.

I think alot of people, including myself would have felt different about Clinton if he didn't lie when accused and if he was truly sorry for it (moreso than just sorry becuase we was caught).

I agree with the lying part Random, it was ultimately his choice to lie but I'm sure he was shown the pro's and con's of both lying and telling the truth by his staff. I don't think any leader does anything 100% on their own.
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information