The Masters Golf Tournament

A weekend of 'The Masters' Golf Tournament. One of my favourite golfers, Fred Couples, is on top of the leaderboard with Jason Dufner. My other favourite, Phil Mickelson, had a difficult first round but a much better Round 2.Excited to see what happens today, cheering for Freddie and Phil.

Tiger Woods had a difficult day yesterday and wonder how his golfing will be today.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament

I went wild along with the crowd on Phil Mickelson's eagle putt on 13! From a difficult start on Thursday, he was flying today. Freddie didn't do too well to start today, but is making his way back up!

I'm very excited about tomorrow's round.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I really don't see the point to watching golf (or playing it for that matter). It is like watching men being paid handsomely for their daily walk.

The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Exciting and emotional finish; Bubba Watson won.

The Masters 2013 is pretty exciting as this Golf Tournament always is!
    Fred Couples doing really well, -4; the top score being -6 as I just checked. Tiger Woods is -2 and Phil Mickelson -1.

One of the big stories this year is Tianlang Guan:

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Thursday afternoon at Augusta National, the galleries were abuzz wherever Tianlang Guan went. As he walked confidently down the lush fairways of Augusta National, you couldn’t go 50 yards without overhearing someone whisper: “Oh, that’s the kid. That 14-year-old kid from China.”
    Everybody had heard of “the kid” in the lead-up to the 77th Masters, the adolescent prodigy who was born a year after Tiger Woods won his first green jacket. Qualifying for Augusta in November, when he won the Asia-Pacific Amateur, Guan became by far the youngest player to compete at the Masters, two years younger than Matteo Manassero was in 2010. But nothing about his first round Thursday showed his age.
    “I’m telling you, he played like a veteran today,” said 61-year-old legend Ben Crenshaw, who played a practice round with Guan on Monday and was grouped with the youngster for the first two rounds. “He played like a journeyman, like a 28-year-old journeyman who’s been around the block many, many times. He played a beautiful round of golf.”
    Nevermind that Guan finished up as the low amateur by three strokes; Guan’s 1-over 73 put him even with Graeme McDowell and Keegan Bradley and ahead of defending Masters champion Bubba Watson after Day 1.
    “It’s like a dream come true,” Guan said. “To play some good golf today just feels great.”
    The young phenom, unlike most teenagers, isn’t prone to overstatement or overexcitement. He admitted being nervous on the first tee, but at no point in his round did any of that show. When he overshot the green on the par-3 sixth, he feathered a perfect chip just over a ridge, soft enough not to run down a wicked slope, and saved par. It was a shot that even prompted Crenshaw to applaud.
    Tianlang Guan Shines In Masters Debut - GOLF.com

Still have not changed my opinion on golf. Apparently kids too can get paid handsomely for walking 4 miles a day.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Still have not changed my opinion on golf. Apparently kids too can get paid handsomely for walking 4 miles a day.
    It's actually pretty exciting, especially if watching with someone like my husband who is very funny, makes it even MORE enjoyable!
    He is strictly a Tiger Woods fan, and me, I'm for Phil Mickelson as everyone knows. If Phil isn't playing as well as usual than I do cheer for others. If Freddie Couples is playing then I cheer for him and he's -5, Jason Day is -6 to start for today. I'm also very glad that Tianlang Guan made the cut.

Round 3 televised later and I will be watching!

A true class act, Adam Scott from Australia, has won the 2013 Masters and just now had the Green Jacket put on him by last year's winner, Bubba Watson. This is Great for Australia who won the Masters for the very first time.

Phil Mickelson didn't make the cut. I am cheering for Fred Couples!

Tiger Woods is back from battling back injuries. Every close-up of him looked, to me, that he was sad. I hope he has a better day today.

On a personal note, still cheering for my favourite, Phil Mickelson, hoping he has a great day today. I'm hoping Rickie Fowler has a great day, too! Young Jordan Spieth is on fire! It would be great to see him win his first Masters.

I LOVE watching this four-day tournament!

I did also notice how 75 year old veteran Jack Niklaus had a hole in one on the day before the competition started.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I did also notice how 75 year old veteran Jack Niklaus had a hole in one on the day before the competition started.
    Yes!

That was, by far, the BEST Masters tournament I've seen yet! It was a nail biter for sure and I'm surprised my nails are still intact. Proof, not only did Jordan Spieth win (a new young upcoming humble star) but my nail biting habit is truly over! Even my favourite, Phil Mickelson, had a great round, too!

but my nail biting habit is truly over!
    Good job it wasn't a cliff hanger then

It is nice to the young stars doing well and glad to see Tiger Woods is moving forward.

but my nail biting habit is truly over!
    Good job it wasn't a cliff hanger then
    Jordan Spieth's first two days were nothing short of remarkable, but when some bogeys started to happen and his lead was threatened somewhat, I'm surprised, not only are my nails intact, but my knuckles as well!

It is nice to the young stars doing well and glad to see Tiger Woods is moving forward.
    Yes, I was hoping Tiger would do well after his personal and physical troubles the last few years.
    My husband and I are wondering if he will get back to the Number One he's been for so many years....

Yes, I was hoping Tiger would do well after his personal and physical troubles the last few years. My husband and I are wondering if he will get back to the Number One he's been for so many years....
    If he channels his superb talents I am sure he will endure

Yes, I was hoping Tiger would do well after his personal and physical troubles the last few years. My husband and I are wondering if he will get back to the Number One he's been for so many years....
    If he channels his superb talents I am sure he will endure
    I agree.

The Masters Golf Tournament somehow sneaked up on me this year as I generally do NOT go anywhere! I'm watching all I can and wonder if Patrick Reed will win the green jacket...or...if Rory does? I have my favourite golfers which don't seem to be close enough this year....but one never knows....THAT'S what makes watching the tournaments SO exciting for me!

Thread Information