Netgear Router Isses

My friend has an N600 Netgear router and every time the power goes out it loses its brain and needs to be totally set up as if it just came out of the box. I can't figure that out. Any suggestions?
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: Netgear Router Isses

Not really sure what the issue is with that to be honest.

My router has similar quirks. My computers will only pick up the router, when:
    1) the computer has been switched off completely
    2) router has restarted and all lights are blinking (it is fully operational)
    3) I switch on the computer

Otherwise it will categorically refuse to establish the proper connection.

Perhaps this "work around" applies to your friend's problem as well?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

We tried all kinds of things when I was there. But ended up having to treat it as if she just pulled it out of the box. Disconnected everything and all. She uses it for the wireless part. Her desk top was off which is what it is hooked to. But I guess we didn't do it in just that order. To have to reset up all the SSID and everything though that was a pain. And I guess she had a power outage yesterday and it is back to square one again. Going to walk her through setting it up when she calls later. She is not real computer literate. Thanks anyway.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Hope my workaround works, since it is a bit less frustrating than having to set up the entire thing again and again.

Since I have two computers it was quite easy for me to establish that the issue was not the settings of the router. One picked it up perfectly, the other refused to pick it up properly.

Hopefully your friend's problems are soon sorted.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thread Information