Dog's Neck Slashed During Grooming

Heartbreaking.

Grooming can be hazardous to your dog's health, an Ontario dog owner says, after her pet's neck was slashed during a session at a salon.
    “The groomer called and said, ‘I was shaving him and I cut him real bad. You need to come now’,” Shannon Mills told Go Public.
    “I panicked. I wasn’t sure we would be able to get him to a vet before he bled out on the floor. I had never seen an injury like that on an animal before.”
    When she came back, Mills said, she was shocked to find Joey had been completely shaved and suffered a large, open wound in his neck.
    “He had been shaved down so severely … that on parts of his body his skin was actually showing through,” Mills said.
    Dog groomers in Ontario and British Columbia told CBC News that rapid expansion in the the industry has led some shops to cut corners.
    There have been several recent cases in the U.S. and Canada where dogs were apparently shaved too closely by groomers. In one American case, a dog was badly burned after being left alone under a hot dryer.
    In two other cases – one in Seattle, the other in Hawaii – dogs' ears were allegedly cut off and then glued back on by the groomer, presumably in an attempt to cover up what happened.
    Dog's neck slashed in grooming accident - British Columbia - CBC News
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Dog's Neck Slashed During Grooming

. I am not a dog person, but yasses!

That is really unforgivable.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Re: Dog's Neck Slashed During Grooming

OMG!! that's horrible!!! poor dog!! i hope the so called groomer was held responsible and got punished legally for this. this is outrageous! sad
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Thread Information