Thread: Bullying

Bullying

It seems one hears another story about bullying and it's effects. It would be good to start a discussion about it; anything and everything to do with bullying and what can be done about it.

It was horrible to watch how those kids were taunting Karen Klein and the kids getting such a thrill out of it. It just really hits one's heart and I have to wonder what gives anyone the right to do that to others?

Little kids aggression starts early. Videos posted on shows about little kids fighting or pushing each other.

Do you think parents aren't doing a good job of teaching their kids about hurting other kids or do you think they just turn a blind eye because of their own worries?

Please feel free to post any and every thought about this subject and what can be done to get kids more aware that it's WRONG.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Bullying

Too much stress, too little time. Also, authorities refuse to actually intervene; admitting something is wrong is often seen as a bad PR-move. So let's ignore problems!
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I often wonder, too, why when one kid starts to bully, others join in instead of trying to stop it. Is it fear of reprisal or just trying to belong?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

A combination of the two I think. Speaking from personal experience, I am sad to say.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I wonder, too, why is it that, starting right from a young age, that it seems to be harder to share, but easier to be aggressive? I don't know if I'm saying that right, but what one hears from little kids is 'mine, mine' instead of sharing a toy.

I'm trying to pin down to where this can all start as it's a subject dear to my heart and wonder if somehow it can be turned around in some way?

One of the biggest problems is that society itself promotes egotistical behavior from a very young age onwards. Often the parents are not one iota better, so I am not even sure we should blame these kids.

But we should rather blame the idiots that are legally responsible for them. The buck does not stop with the parents, but with the elected officials, and the institutions that are in charge of looking after these kids.

Your post is great and so true, too. I, too, think it definitely starts with the parents. Parents fight in front of kids all the time, keep on trying to prove a point and to be right. No one ever really wins, and the kids get to witness that and it just keeps on going for them, too.

Great thread for discussion Luba! Great replies as well Vautrin.

I can agree with you both it's not just a problem for the youth, even though that is what we more so hear about in the headlines. I think the issue has been an epidemic for years. Very unfortunate society has yet to get a grip on the matter. It's been swept under the rug for years. I think some people do it without even realizing it. It's so important to instill kindness into the hearts of our youth.
    " To thy own self be true..."

Personally I think bulling come from living in a dysfunctional home, but anymore I don't know. It has gotten so out of control, but yet still tolerated if not encouraged at times.
    “When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ” Arthur Conan Doyle

" If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. I will choose Free Will " RUSH

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a Spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienated View Post
    Personally I think bulling come from living in a dysfunctional home, but anymore I don't know. It has gotten so out of control, but yet still tolerated if not encouraged at times.
    I think it's more that a-hole parents let their a-hole kids be douchebags to other kids. They take no responsibility for raising them to be positive and productive member's of society.

Just sayin.
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

Aggressive behavior may be bullying depending on what happened, how often it happens and who it happens to.

Thread Information