Angry my mom was abusive with me. can i do this?

ok here it is. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst 45 dollars for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box and games and i pod i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a cribs and rattles

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public. just to scare her and For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair now she is not going to let me take drivers ed in school. she told me that im to imature to drive that babies dont get to do grown up things. she saying all these mean things to me. I have a right to drive? cant they make her a better mom or something. this suxs so bad wut she did to me.

Re: my mom was abusive with me. can i do this?

I am afraid your mom, while maybe overdoing the baby thing, was totally within her rights. She didn't hit you or hurt you physically. And for the record, driving is a privilege not a right. If you can't act more mature in public then I am thinking you shouldn't be driving yet either. It doesn't matter who started the fight. You should have been mature enough to not add to it, especially at 15. While you may not like it, your mother is boss, at least as long as you live under her roof. While I don't approve of her saying you should be in diapers while in front of others, she had every right to scold you. Instead of yelling at you in the store the way she did she should have made you apologize to the person whose clothes you ruined. You need to learn to respect adults. You will be one someday and I assure you, you won't appreciate other peoples children behaving the way you and your brother did in a public restaurant.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    I am afraid your mom, while maybe overdoing the baby thing, was totally within her rights. She didn't hit you or hurt you physically. And for the record, driving is a privilege not a right. If you can't act more mature in public then I am thinking you shouldn't be driving yet either. It doesn't matter who started the fight. You should have been mature enough to not add to it, especially at 15. While you may not like it, your mother is boss, at least as long as you live under her roof. While I don't approve of her saying you should be in diapers while in front of others, she had every right to scold you. Instead of yelling at you in the store the way she did she should have made you apologize to the person whose clothes you ruined. You need to learn to respect adults. You will be one someday and I assure you, you won't appreciate other peoples children behaving the way you and your brother did in a public restaurant.

MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup the people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything.no one got hurt. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby cause im not . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. what gets me NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and stuff was foul and abunch of lies. like i said she took away my x box and games and I pod. she wont let me take drivers ed in school saying im to immature to drive.
    on the car ride home she is screaming and me and my brother. telling us we made her look bad as a parent that we behaved like a bunch of toddlers. when i try to tell her that is was my brother fault not mine. she told me i was to blame as well

Like I said, I don't agree with how your mom handled the situation, other than the restrictions on you, but the fact remains you were wrong and just because the couple was older doesn't make what you and your brother did ok. Nor does it make it ok just because it was McDonald's. It is still a public restaurant and when in public you are expected to act a certain way. You didn't.

You pride was hurt, you will survive. It isn't the kind of thing you call social services about.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Like I said, I don't agree with how your mom handled the situation, other than the restrictions on you, but the fact remains you were wrong and just because the couple was older doesn't make what you and your brother did ok. Nor does it make it ok just because it was McDonald's. It is still a public restaurant and when in public you are expected to act a certain way. You didn't.

You pride was hurt, you will survive. It isn't the kind of thing you call social services about.

people will think i need pampers now cause of her my mom

I am sure they realize your mom was just angry. No one will think a 15 year old needs diapers. They might think you need an attitude adjustment but that is all.

Is this a regular thing with your mom or was this a one time deal? I have two adult children and I got on them a few times but they never acted like that in public. One time when they were younger, in grade school, they were fighting over who got a certain colored plate for lunch and I got so angry I smashed the plate on the floor and said "there, now no one gets it". Being a parent is a hard job. Your mom deserves more respect from you. Give it to her and she will treat you in kind.

I am sure they realize your mom was just angry. No one will think a 15 year old needs diapers. They might think you need an attitude adjustment but that is all.

Is this a regular thing with your mom or was this a one time deal? I have two adult children and I got on them a few times but they never acted like that in public. One time when they were younger, in grade school, they were fighting over who got a certain colored plate for lunch and I got so angry I smashed the plate on the floor and said "there, now no one gets it". Being a parent is a hard job. Your mom deserves more respect from you. Give it to her and she will treat you in kind.
    it was a 1 time deal

You might consider that she was having a bad day for other reasons and you and your brother's antics just pushed her over the edge. Just give her a break. We mothers just want our children to grow up to be decent and caring adults. Sometimes we make mistakes but we are human just like everyone else. Believe it or not but there are lots of things going on in a mom's life that the kids just don't know about and they don't need to know about. We protect our families as best as we can. There are lots of influences on our children that we don't have control over so if we do a good job of raising you then we hope you will make good decisions. She loves you. A mother would die to protect her children. Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by dogemily View Post
    ok here it is. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst 45 dollars for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box and games and i pod i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a cribs and rattles

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public. just to scare her and For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair now she is not going to let me take drivers ed in school. she told me that im to imature to drive that babies dont get to do grown up things. she saying all these mean things to me. I have a right to drive? cant they make her a better mom or something. this suxs so bad wut she did to me.
    let me start by saying i totally agree with tkdlady's response. your mom's response was probably due to her embarassment of having her teenage kids behave that way in a public restaurant i have a 7 year old grand daughter wgho behaves better then that in public places. having consequences to your actions is part of life. be thankful it'a only these things now cause when you get to be an adult, it's jail.

you are 15 years old! you need to act your age. i'm sorry if i come across as being mean, not intended. i back your mother up 110% on this one. sorry kiddo.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Thread Information