Thread: Im screwed DX

Im screwed DX

This thread is on a completely different topic from my other posts. Basically, how do I put this, the only goal in my life is to be happy and i refuse to get dragged into the system. People want me to get a job after college but honestly, i have too much pride to allow myself to put my life in someone else's hands, who might fire me just because i might do something he is against. I feel like working is a complete waste of time (ive tried it). You come home tired and unhappy and its just not worth it because you dont have time to do the things you want to do. And the two week vacations??? Forget it!!!! I refuse to work at some pointless job and relax for just two weeks in the whole year. two months, maybe. I know im being totally unrealistic but hey, i hate reality. I hate that the world cannot be how it is shaped in my mind. And most of all, i hate responsibility. I dont want to be responsible because i know that ill just screw things up and be unhappy. So i just refuse to live like everyone else. This is more of a rant than anything else but comments are appreciated. thanks.

Re: Im screwed DX

Well, unless you have a very wealthy sugarmommy, I am afraid you will have to work. The bills will have to be paid. That leaves you basically with two routes:
    1. Earn a lot of money in a short time. Enough to live of the interest on the money you have made.
    2. Find a line of work that you enjoy doing.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Everybody hates the system, bro. EVERYBODY! Growing up means that you need to take on the responsibility of taking care of yourself - this implies gaining your existence by yourself. So if you find another way of doing this and not making your parents pay for your existence, then you're out of the system.

My own 2 cents: find something that you enjoy doing. The system and its limitations will bother you less if you're happy and focused on your own life.

Cheers
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

so basically find a work i like doing. That would have to be a work where nobody rushes me to get things done and i can work at my own pace AND a work where there are no bosses but at the same time it has to pay decently, because i dont really care about money. My friend and i are gonna get an apartment and split the cost so as long as its decently 40,000-a little more, then i should be fine. Thanks guys this has just been a reality that i have not wanted to deal with all summer but i know that ill have to face it eventually. There are certain things i want in life and i know that for now the only way for me to get those things is to get a job and make money, albeit grudgingly. Ill have to have a think about it and do some research on the job market. might have to change my major.

hold on, but if everyone hates the system, WHY doesnt someone change it? I mean there would be no one against him since everybody hates it. Is it just that the world wouldnt be able to function under another system or are people too lazy or uncreative to create a new one? Or is there some law in place that says it cannot be changed. Ive actually had this same question about a lot of things ._.

The powers that be (you know the people who make tens of millions each year) have the power. And needless to say, it works for them, so they see no need to change things around. That is sucks for the rest of humankind does not matter one bit to them.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Imagine a large hord of buffalos running in one direction. All of them. Full speed ahead. Be my guest in making them ALL change direction.

It is called the dictatorship of democracy, where the voice of minority is overrun by that of the majority.

If you feel that strongly about it, you should live your life by your own rules - whatever those rules are. I am sure that this is possible, RaginBro. You simply need to understand that there will be consequences - as you say, the pay may be little and it may prevent you from doing other things - like traveling or buying a nicer car or living in a nicer part of the neighborhood.

The only thing that really really matters, IMHO, is to be true to yourself and never settle for anything that you are not convinced of. I think that you should go for what you believe in and not in what pays better. Study sociology. Study psychology or politics, if these matters are close to your heart. Maybe that is your passion.

there's only one thing - spending your life fighting the system is still being over-rulled by it. Make sure to live your own life, regardless of the system.

solution: kick out the guys in power XD. And although i agree to the "be true to yourself thing" i completely do not with the other point made by twinkle. Sounds too much like simply lying down and making it easy for those bit**** to rule over us. Its a frikin democracy for crying out loud. so many lies in this world =.= it pisses me off.

well, then... best of luck !

Thread Information