Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Re: Hurricane Sandy

OMG, Bridget, you were sooo lucky!!! Glad to hear you were spared, it is times like these that make us aware of what's really important - the family, the friends, the people who make our lives richer!!
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

I was sooooooooooo LUCKY! I was a sitting duck, but a lucky one. The whole time she swirled all around me, but never seriously attacking me. All the people around my way are happy and thankful and we all do know it could of been alot worse, we do know how lucky we were.

However some people were not as lucky as me, the last i heard the death count was 74. The pictures are terrible, to think i was so close to being in a similar situation. My oh my.
    " To thy own self be true..."

Bridgie, SO happy you and the area you live in are okay!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I really really hope NY & NJ can regroup and really start thinking of how to better protect themselves when the next storm comes through. There is just to much to loose. I know Sandy was kinda a freak storm, but i honestly believe there will be more of these to come.

I heard this one man in NJ, it was flooded around his house, alot of boats had washed in with the flood. This one boat was floating and banging into his house, it was really doing damage, so...... he had to shoot it and sink it. Sucks for the boat owner, but hey i would of had to do the same thing.

I was really worried about the wild horses we have that live on the beach an hour and half away from me. They can swim, they do every year between here and VA. But that was some wicked weather to endure. I had heard some of them did make it to higher ground, people were feeding them hay. I hope they all made it.

I heard yesterday that there are still people without power... and it's been cold in the 50's during the day, the night's even colder......

As if things were'nt bad enough already for some folks in NY & NJ, we have a noreaster strolling through, and they got piles of snow dumped on them last night!!!!! Over 250,000 people still without electric, and dealing with snow..... It's like let me slap you in the face, ok turn the other way so i can slap the other side too!

Nasty. Hope they can sort out everything as soon as possible. Winter is coming, and it is not like winter-weather will be highly conducive to making repairs, fixing homes, etc..
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Yes there are electric people out there still trying to work on what they can where they can, but the weather does prevent them from some of it.

Electric can be worked on for most of the year, even when it is freezing. Laying foundations for homes or other major construction works can be a bit more tricky to say the least.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Hurricane Season is back!!!!!!

Some area's are still working on building back up from last year. We have had rain remenents of Andrea the last few day's. Hopefully everything dies down or goes off to sea this year.....

However poor Ok, and MI just got rocked with some vicious tornado's recently. My heart really goes out to them, i've seen some footage, the devastation was terrible. So scary! I tell ya i will take a hurricane over a tornado any day! Tornado's are just too quick and vicious i feel like we get better warning's with hurricane's.

Really shocking, and it is only going to get worse in the years to come.

Whyyyyyyyyy did i have to mention tornado's the other day? Lol, my whole state was under a watch from 3pm til midnight last night! I know one did touch down an hour and half away, it took out some man's garage! Nobody was hurt. I can't deal with hurricane's and Tornado's!!!!! My goodness that's just too much! About 2 years ago we had an earthquake, i'm beginning to think i need to relocate! When i look at a map pf the U.S and i see my little part of land surrounded by water hardly connected to mainland, i do think i really must be crazy to live here!

Not sure what I would suggest. In the Midwest you'd freeze to death in winter. Same with New England. Somehow you don't strike me as the type to be that comfortable in the Deep South, and the West Coast ...

How about Hawaii? Aloha!

I'm thinking Hawaii is sounding good! Minus the volcano's lol.

How long would it take you before you complain of the bl00dy tourists?

Quote Originally Posted by BridgieBridge View Post
    There's always British Columbia
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Yeah, but the Dukhobor-Yeti is not the most appealing of threats to be dealing with either .

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    How long would it take you before you complain of the bl00dy tourists?
    Lol. I don't think i would.... maybe.... I am used to tourist where i live they come blazing through town from spring to fall going to the beach. Although i am used to them sometimes i do complain when traffic is backed up for miles and you can't get through town. As annoying as they can be at times tourist bring money wich every town from here to the beach thrives off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgieBridge View Post
    There's always British Columbia
    Well that there is..... however i believe it may just get too cold where you live... lol i don't exactly know bc i myself have never been....

Really everywhere you go seem's to have one issue or another. I do think though my location has the potential for just too much going on. They are saying we got a derecho on the way now..... lol i seen video of 4 tornadoes that touched down in my state the other day. They were all like f0 f1 and brief but still they were here.... luckily on the mainland part of my state.

I have always lived near water and the ocean, i really can't imagine it any other way. I love the water. It's powerful yet so beautiful. I do really dig mountains as well but i need a main body of water nearby.

Come to the Netherlands then. If you have a pick axe to destroy one of the dikes, half the population will have wet feet.

Lol, i do want to go to the Netherlands, but i think just to visit not to stay! When if ever i do go, i will be sure to let you know, you can be my tour guide if ya want!

Maybe i just need to buy an RV and a plane, and a houseboat, then i can go wherever when ever. With having all 3 of those things i should be able to remain safe from the weather somewhere or another at all times!

That is why you should save your coupons!

That i should..... for sure.....

I tried to win the huge powerball lotto we had recently..... but sadly.... .... they did NOT pick my numbers........

Write a letter of complaint. Thought people were taught that the universe is ego-centric (falling education standards FTW!). Does that not mean you deserve to win?

FYI The storm totally missed meh! Ahahahaha Bridgie win's! The really bad parts went just over and just under me. Really amusing to me considering the rest of my state got hammered a bit. It moved through fast though. So stay tuned for the next one!

Well, as long as you keep missing the storms. Hate to say it, but one day you might not be as lucky .

Hopefully i don't live here anymore on that day!

Thread Information