Thread: Flu Vaccines

Flu Vaccines

The News is reporting that it's time for people to get their flu vaccines. Do you believe in them; if so, do you get one every year? What are your general thoughts about them?

I don't get mine every year. I did last year after missing several years only because I was on a long bus trip and didn't want to catch any kind of bug. As usual, there is usually coughing and sneezing on the long bus ride, especially this time of year.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Flu Vaccines

Not a big fan of them. I am still young, my immune system is still good. For those with weakened immune systems, they can be a blessing.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I thought I'd bring this thread up as I've had my flu jab today. I suffer from Asthma so it's a necessisty. I don't always have problems with it but this one seems to be hitting me quicker than on other occasions so I think it will be a day in bed tomorrow.

For me I find it of great use as I didn't have it one year and suffered dreadfully and had to visit hospital a few times when my inhaler was not enough. I have always been susceptible to chest infections since a child and this is a way of controlling them as much as possible.

So I'm off to stock up on tissues and corny movies and will back in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I thought I'd bring this thread up as I've had my flu jab today. I suffer from Asthma so it's a necessisty. I don't always have problems with it but this one seems to be hitting me quicker than on other occasions so I think it will be a day in bed tomorrow.

For me I find it of great use as I didn't have it one year and suffered dreadfully and had to visit hospital a few times when my inhaler was not enough. I have always been susceptible to chest infections since a child and this is a way of controlling them as much as possible.

So I'm off to stock up on tissues and corny movies and will back in a few days.

See you then, Rosie! What movies did you get? I like "Airplane I and II", no matter how often I see them they crack me up! "Christmas Vacation" every year as well. I won't go on about movies on this thread as it will get off-topic really fast the way I go about things.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information