Is NHL Lockout About To End?

Worn out with it all; actually will believe it when I see the players on the ice...if I really care to tune in....

With this latest news, I'm wondering just how excited Hockey fans now are? I've heard on the News at different times that some fans weren't going to buy hockey tickets, a hockey merchandise store was considering closing if no settlement was in the works, a hospital, normally receiving money from hockey, was now asking for donations, and those businesses relying on hockey fans were having a tough time. As for me as a hockey fan, I'm tired with it all and don't know how 'forgiving' I will be to tune in to some games. With NFL season about to end, I think I will have PGA as my top priority. Your thoughts?

After months of being locked in a labour stalemate, the National Hockey League and its players are finally ready to get back to work.
    Early on Sunday morning — day 113 of the lockout — NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed from New York the two sides had reached a tentative agreement on the framework of a new collective bargaining agreement that will finally spark the beginning of the 2012-13 NHL season.
    Details of the new CBA were not immediately released, and Bettman cautioned they still needed to be ironed out fully.
    The majority of both the NHL's 30-member Board of Governors and NHL players still need to ratify the agreement.
    NHL, players' union reach tentative deal to end lockout
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Is NHL Lockout About To End?

Anything is better than WWE. So please, for the love of pizza, settle!
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Anything is better than WWE. So please, for the love of pizza, settle!
    How funny is THAT?

I was actually going to post another thread about Vintage Wrestling, which my husband and I watch every Saturday afternoon. We also have pizza then, too!

Vautrin, you either have a hidden camera here or you're psychic!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Watching sports with pizza is actually quite nice. Especially ones where you have to focus on the action 95% of the time.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Watching sports with pizza is actually quite nice. Especially ones where you have to focus on the action 95% of the time.
    It really is! We started that tradition quite awhile ago and miss it when it doesn't happen for whatever reason.

Back to topic; wondering when the actual first game will be.

In two weeks' time? I hope.

In two weeks' time? I hope.
    If that actually does happen, it may take me awhile to get back into watching the games. It's not that I'm unforgiving, just tired, like other fans, who believe we didn't count for much.

Just wait until the Canucks make the play-offs .

Just wait until the Canucks make the play-offs .
    I don't like to say it, but after the last time, I'm going to be very cautious about getting excited.

No worries. I have already written an article on the local riots that break out if the Canucks actually win.

No worries. I have already written an article on the local riots that break out if the Canucks actually win.
    Oh gosh, it's taking a long time to get all those connected with the riot to see what kind of fine/jail time/community service they get.

Thread Information