Is Lance Armstrong Considering Doping Admission?

I ask the question only because there are reports that he is and he isn't. What is to be believed?

Lance Armstrong is considering admitting publicly to the use of performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career, according to a report in the New York Times.

Cycling - Armstrong 'considering doping admission' - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

------------------

If he actually does that with his own words, I would really wonder why he just didn't do it in the first place? Your thoughts?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Is Lance Armstrong Considering Doping Admission?

Just wait and see. Either he speaks or he does not speak. Why spend a lot of energy on thinking if he willl or not?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Just wait and see. Either he speaks or he does not speak. Why spend a lot of energy on thinking if he willl or not?
    That's true!

I have to wonder how these News stories happen BEFORE the person actually talks about it. Is it a confidante/friend/acquaintance who leaks these stories? I don't believe a lot of what I read on the Internet. Unless I see the actual person talking about it on the News or a video, I don't put all my faith into the story.

...But then, of course, we're talking New York Times.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

If it does happen, mostly through leaks from friends, acquaintances or management. Mostly done to maximize the positive impact.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

If it does happen, mostly through leaks from friends, acquaintances or management. Mostly done to maximize the positive impact.
    I just can't see Mr. Armstrong doing it as he's denied it for such a long time.

Barry Bonds denied using steroids for a long time as well. He did come out. It happens a lot in sports, but we tend to forget that.

Barry Bonds denied using steroids for a long time as well. He did come out. It happens a lot in sports, but we tend to forget that.
    I've paid more attention to Lance Armstrong than anyone else in this predicament as I've really admired him. Even though I didn't watch the Tour de France as we didn't get it on our Cable, I was always happy when he won.

The problem was that the use of steroids is not banned in baseball. Or at least not at the time. So the admission cost him nothing. In Armstrong's case, that would be completely different, especially after he fought endlessly against accusations that proved to be, ultimately, true. (Or at least it seems that way).

Thread Information