Thread: Undecided

Undecided

I am currently undecided on what to do with my life. . .I have been out of high school for almost a year now, and I still haven't been able to decide what I want to do in life. I have no clue what job I want to do. I can't seem to pick one, no matter what career field I am shown. Nothing clicks with me. I am starting to question should I go to college or just go into the work field? Should I just work in fast food, or some other store? Walmart?

Re: Undecided

I would get an education. If nothing else comes to mind get a business degree. You will work for next to nothing in pay otherwise. Not that an education guarantees good pay but it is a better stepping stone to better jobs in the future. Do you want to be flipping burgers at McDonalds for the rest of your life? The first year or two of college is basic stuff anyway that eveyone has to take. Go for the college route. You will be much better off.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

i have to agree with tkdlady. an education is so important. go to college. i bet you figure it out by your second year into it. having dead end jobs for the rest of your life is not a fun way to live your life. wishing you all the best!
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I would much rather have a career, than work in dead end jobs. I just don't want to pick one I will hate later on.

Well there is no guarantee that the career you pick will make you happy for the rest of your life but it is easier to move to something else if you have that piece of paper that says you have a degree. You should obviously look into your feelings and see what you think would be a good thing to do for the rest of your life, or the majority of it. Nothing is perfect and even if you find something you love, there will be days you hate your job. Get the education and see where that leads you. Think of it as an adventure. You only get one chance in life so make the most of the days you have.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

What are your hobbies? What do you love in life? It's good to be in a career field of doing something you love, then work is less like work. It is in your best interest to pursue an education. Don't let the pressure of not knowing turn you away. It's completely ok to start school and change your direction a year later, heck you can even change your mind 10 years later! Bc life is what you make it, you can do anything you want to do, you can be anything you want to be! It's just a matter of finding your passion!
    " To thy own self be true..."

Thread Information