tradtke Guest

please give me your opinion on this idea

I'd like people opinion on this idea.
    lately, due to the economy lots of retirement benefits have been cut to almost nothing. I'm no where near retirement, but I still think of the future and how to financially survive. It seems right now Investments are simply not enough. SOO..
    I thought I would try to put an online business together. No not to make millions of dollars with 1 weeks worth of work. I'm thinking start now and 20 years down the line I can use it as an income I could support myself and family with.
    Don't worry though my idea is not to plaster some half-ass web site all over my posts in order to get everyone to buy some crap product.
    After doing a little research, and this seems to make sense that the best product to sell online is information. I'm at the point now where what kind of information can I sell that people would want to buy on a recurring basis. I was thinking of "Self help" information. Maybe taking a famous quote that someone says and narrate it to today's world. I thought I could write an article once a week that maybe would help people make it through the next week. I wondering if people think others would pay 1 dollar a month for a subscription to what I write about? Obviously that's .25 cents an article, plus maybe I feel like adding in another one just because. I figure maybe about 10 or 15 years and if I can get a butt load of subscriptions maybe it could work.
    I can learn how to set up a web site, but I'll be the first one to admit I'm an amature with not much money to spend on a venture of such and even though I like writing I'm not a book publisher.
    My thought is that even though there is an unlimited amount of information to write about why would anyone want to pay even a tiny amount for information that can be gotten free. The only true information that can't be gotten anywhere else is original content.
    What do you think?

Re: please give me your opinion on this idea

Good luck, tradtke, I wish you the best! Nowadays a person has to work on all kinds of ideas to get ahead.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information