Idea What do you want from Lifesupporters?

As of July 3, 2013, Lifesupporters.com will embark upon the last leg of her journey to becoming 1 decade old.

...or in much less convoluted terminology, Lifesupporters turns 9 this July.

There are a number of planned aesthetic, functional and usability related changes to roll out over the next year and a bit however I'm most interested in changes you'd like to see.

Now we all know that retaining long term Membership has always presented somewhat of a challenge so we need to bear this in mind whenever possible.

Perhaps the best way to approach this is by examining what attracts people and develop it while determining why people leave and correct these issues.

With that in mind, please answer the following questions:
    1. How did you find Lifesupporters.com?
    2. What made you Register?
    3. Why do you return?
    4. Have you ever considered leaving (Yes or No)?
    5. If you were to leave, what would be the reason?
    6. If Lifesupporters were a painting, what would you leave on canvas and what would you paint over?
    7. What do you feel is missing from this site that you see on others?
    8. Your general comments (good or bad).

Perhaps your idea may not be included above which is why I've included "General Comments".

Perhaps you'd like to see more of a presence on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Perhaps you'd like to see more articles on our Blog?

Perhaps you'd like more Chat Parties or even Live Chat Parties where you can talk real-time with your fellow Members?

...it doesn't matter the idea, please voice it and it will be discussed.

A lot of Websites have come and gone in the past decade and whether you like what you see or you have issues with it, you cannot take away from the fact we're still here.

We have a small yet passionate Community comprised of some of the best people found anywhere online and a Webmaster committed to keeping us up and running indefinitely.

We have the recipe, all we need is some seasoning to appeal to a bit broader taste.

Please share your thoughts.

Ken
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: What do you want from Lifesupporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    3. Why do you return?
    6. If Lifesupporters were a painting, what would you leave on canvas and what would you paint over?

Perhaps your idea may not be included above which is why I've included "General Comments".

Perhaps you'd like more Chat Parties or even Live Chat Parties where you can talk real-time with your fellow Members?

Ken
    I will go down your list and give you my 2 cents.

1. My friend's son had just drown and he had asked me to help spread his story so I started looking for places that would listen and help in someway. I had hoped it would help him. It helped me instead.

2. I think I had to in order to post my story from #1.

3. The people here have become friends and I enjoy their company.

4. Yes I have.

5. I guess I kind of have left in a way. I don't hang here like I used to and I don't post as much as I used to. Part of that is due to the emotional content here. I loved helping people and still do but after so much emotion it wears on you and I had the added stress of having my own issues and I guess it had and has become too overwhelming at the moment. I had hoped I would feel up to joining in more by now but I still have things I need to work through.

6. ???

7. I don't belong to any others so I can't answer this one.

8. This is a good sight with good people. I wish it were more active but I don't really know a way to fix that. We were for a while and that was went I enjoyed it here the most. I wish I had a solution for that one.

You mentioned chat parties or live chatting. I would love both.

I am not good at "designing" things so I apologize for not being able to add more. If I think of something that would add to the site I will let you know.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

[QUOTE=Duke;156027]
    3. Why do you return?

1. Was invited by a member and stuck around
    2. See 1.
    3. To have some lighthearted chat, to write long and lengthy posts to try and help people out.
    4. Considered, yes. Seriously contemplated no.
    5. Lack of activity.
    6. A fluffy abandoned kitty.
    7. More people - once you have a dedicated core of 20-30 people, it will be much easier to grow a community than with a core of just a handful.
    8. More chat parties, more chats would be great. Right now that is a real hit and miss, and I have resorted to using PMs to ask people when they are around for chats. That would help foster a bit of community spirit as well.

I am not into Facebook or Twitter, but if you use accounts strategically, they can be used to draw more people in. I don't use either myself, as it would end up as a massive drain on my time.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Originally Posted by Duke
    3. Why do you return?

1.Duke
    2.I liked the concept of helping people in pain to find a way out of the way they were suffering.
    3.I feel at home here.
    4.I've not really considered leaving here because positivity would take over and maybe just one more person could be helped in some way.
    5.If there was absolutely nothing happening for six months or so.
    6.I would leave everything as it is because there is help for people, joy, inspiration, caring, and understanding, and fun, too. I feel if it was only helping people through sadness without a light touch, this would be a very depressing place.
    7.People joining and then leaving abruptly with no explanation. I always wonder about that.
    8.My number six answers covers this question.

I am no longer a member of Facebook and Twitter as they do take up time and not quite what I expected.

I think more articles on the Blog would help pertaining to making relationships work, parenthood, and the like.

I loved the Chat Parties from long ago, but the last few have been hit-and-miss.
    Last edited by Luba; 03-25-2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: clarity
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

1. Duke or Merika told me about it
    2. Merika made me
    3. Friends and the site serves a very worthy purpose, I feel
    4. No, I'll never leave completely. I do a very emotionally demanding job and so there is less left over than there used to be.
    5. I've left other places where people in need were treated with a lack of compassion
    6. I'd paint over the cactus (periodic identity crises) and the fugly vase (occasional fall outs) and leave the rest. Perhaps add some flowers (fun for the members who give so much).
    7. Fun
    8. Compassion on the web is a rare thing and very valuable. Most of us here have benefitted from this here at times when life has been harsh. It's a great place. It just needs an injection of life in the form of some new, caring members. Are you actively seeking them (not just those that need help, but those that like to give it)

Thread Information