Unhappy I dont know if this might lead up to the end of us...

So, on monday I asked this girl Isabel out, she said yes, and I was so happy. I felt like ontop of the world! But today, Tuesday, after school, I saw her talking with my friend, and her ex Freddy. And I was kind of worried about that. I came up to her and greeted her like I usually do, "Hey Beautiful" , and she smiled, but I don't know what to do, it's really early in our relationship, but what does this mean? She still has feelings for him?

Re: I dont know if this might lead up to the end of us...

Oh and my friend is freddy by the way :/

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    So, on monday I asked this girl Isabel out, she said yes, and I was so happy. I felt like ontop of the world! But today, Tuesday, after school, I saw her talking with my friend, and her ex Freddy. And I was kind of worried about that. I came up to her and greeted her like I usually do, "Hey Beautiful" , and she smiled, but I don't know what to do, it's really early in our relationship, but what does this mean? She still has feelings for him?
    Hi Will, nice to see you coming back.

Will, the thing is when you asked Isabel out, she said "Yes". If she didn't like you she would not have said that. That's it, go and have a good time when you both go out and put the worry in the wastebasket where it belongs.

You sound like a really nice person; very caring. Maybe you should just give yourself a break and have fun. Not compare yourself to others or even care if she has feelings for anyone else. She sounds like a nice and friendly person, and all she did was talk with someone else, that's it. Even if she has feelings for him, she said she would go out with you! Concentrate on that and having fun. If you take things too seriously, she might back off. You are young with an exciting life ahead, no matter what happens. You will meet lots of people in your life if you just keep on being the caring person you are and being more lighthearted.

Wishing you a nice time on your date with Isabel.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Smile Re: I dont know if this might lead up to the end of us...

Thanks! Shes so great, I mean shes so beautiful, and nice and funny! Her friends are really cool too! But I also have (a very minor i think) problem, she seems to want to just hang out with her friends, and i'm really ok with that. She's already been introduced to my friends. But from what you said, it shouldnt be to serious of a relationship, and I understand that, I mean i'm 14 and shes 13 lol. But it's still ok to come up behind her and hug her, and say "Hey Beautiful", its still ok for stuff like that right?

Thanks! Shes so great, I mean shes so beautiful, and nice and funny! Her friends are really cool too! But I also have (a very minor i think) problem, she seems to want to just hang out with her friends, and i'm really ok with that. She's already been introduced to my friends. But from what you said, it shouldnt be to serious of a relationship, and I understand that, I mean i'm 14 and shes 13 lol. But it's still ok to come up behind her and hug her, and say "Hey Beautiful", its still ok for stuff like that right?
    Will, it's such a different world now. A person has to be more careful with what they do or say as it is so easily misconstrued. Why not just hang out with her, have some laughs and fun, be nice as you seem to be such a nice, caring young man. You are both young and you've got a whole world ahead of you with exciting adventure. You don't need to have a relationship, you can just like each other and enjoy each other's company.

Do you know if she likes to hug? Have you seen her hug friends or them hug her? She seems to want to just have fun, to hang around people she likes. She obviously likes you so just be light-hearted around her. It doesn't strike me as she wants anything serious as a 'relationship' can be. How does she act when you call her 'beautiful'?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Smile Re: I dont know if this might lead up to the end of us...

Yea, that's basiclly what we do, we don't make out or anything like that you know, we just hang out, and she sort of expects me (in a good way) to hug her when we arrive at her class and i walk her to her classes or we hug when we see eachother in the morning and when school is over and we leave, but we definately enjoy eachother's company. And when I call her beautiful she smiles. She hugs her girl friends like her 'bff's' haha
    Last edited by Will; 08-22-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Yea, that's basiclly what we do, we don't make out or anything like that you know, we just hang out, and she sort of expects me (in a good way) to hug her when we arrive at her class and i walk her to her classes or we hug when we see eachother in the morning and when school is over and we leave, but we definately enjoy eachother's company. And when I call her beautiful she smiles. She hugs her girl friends like her 'bff's' haha
    If it's working nicely like that, Will, and you keep on the way you said here enjoying each other's company, then hanging out like that is okay, IMO

Do you talk with your parents about how you are feeling and sharing with them?

Yea, but only my dad knows

Yea, but only my dad knows
    It sounds like you can talk to your Dad about everything and that's good, how about your Mom? It's good to have two supportive parents.

Yea, haha I am alot closer to my dad than my mom... in fact me and my mom don't really get along... :/ but i mean it's prob just a phase

Yea, haha I am alot closer to my dad than my mom... in fact me and my mom don't really get along... :/ but i mean it's prob just a phase

For being 14, you are really smart! Anything you can do to be closer to your Mom, or is she much stricter than your Dad?

Well, my mom is... VERY sensitive, I don't know if that's how it is for all women, but she's had too many "arguments" with me, and i've just had enough ...

Well, my mom is... VERY sensitive, I don't know if that's how it is for all women, but she's had too many "arguments" with me, and i've just had enough ...
    It's positive that you can talk to your Dad. Do you think he could talk to her about how you are feeling?

Question Re: I dont know if this might lead up to the end of us...

Yea, he can probably do that. But today, I'm not sure if this is something bad, but basiclly, all day long I was trying to think of something to make her happy over the weekend, but after lunch was over, we hugged, I was still thinking about something to do for her, but she said bye, and I was thinking about that so much, I didn't even say bye!!!! >.< I'm going to make up for that so well, I mean wanna take her out somewhere. Is that ok? Also, I think I might just apologize sincerely to her.

Yea, he can probably do that. But today, I'm not sure if this is something bad, but basiclly, all day long I was trying to think of something to make her happy over the weekend, but after lunch was over, we hugged, I was still thinking about something to do for her, but she said bye, and I was thinking about that so much, I didn't even say bye!!!! >.< I'm going to make up for that so well, I mean wanna take her out somewhere. Is that ok? Also, I think I might just apologize sincerely to her.
    Will, I loved reading your post! You sound, to me, like a very, very fine young man! As a Mom, the hug would have done it for me, I wouldn't need anything else. I bet your Mom was touched by that!

For you to apologize sincerely is wonderful, as I don't really know what happened, but taking the high road, as you are, is good!

I bet she would LOVE to be taken out somewhere by you, even buying her a favourite coffee that she loves would be nice! You don't have to spend a lot of money, it's really the thought that counts that you want to do that.

I'm proud to have 'met' you, Will; you sound like a thoughtful, kind, caring son to have!
    (On another note, I love using smilies for impact!)

Have a really nice Saturday, Will!

Oh, I think you misunderstood me haha, I hugged my girlfriend, after lunch at school, sorry if it sounded like I was talking about my mom. And I want to take my girlfriend out to make up for it, me and my mom are on 'level playing fields' right now. And I thought you meant to ask my dad to tell my mom about Isabel.

Oh, I think you misunderstood me haha, I hugged my girlfriend, after lunch at school, sorry if it sounded like I was talking about my mom. And I want to take my girlfriend out to make up for it, me and my mom are on 'level playing fields' right now. And I thought you meant to ask my dad to tell my mom about Isabel.
    I see I did misunderstand, Will! I'm glad to hear you and your mom are on 'level playing fields'.

Unhappy Re: I dont know if this might lead up to the end of us...

Haha, its ok....... on thursday.. Isabel's friends came up to me, and said... "We're really sorry Will, but she wants to break up with you." I don't know where I went wrong!! Im so frustrated about not knowing what I did wrong!! And Isabel couldn't do it herself either :'( That's what really got to me, I mean I had learned a song on piano, its so beautiful! Just to play it at school for her.... but now it doesn't mean anything I guess :'(

Haha, its ok....... on thursday.. Isabel's friends came up to me, and said... "We're really sorry Will, but she wants to break up with you." I don't know where I went wrong!! Im so frustrated about not knowing what I did wrong!! And Isabel couldn't do it herself either :'( That's what really got to me, I mean I had learned a song on piano, its so beautiful! Just to play it at school for her.... but now it doesn't mean anything I guess :'(
    Will, it may be that you did nothing wrong at all! By what you've said here you've been very kind and caring to her. Maybe it is just that she is too young for a relationship if she seemed it might have gotten too serious for her. It's too bad that she didn't tell you herself, but maybe she didn't want to hurt you too badly. I'm not sure, but I think you could stop blaming yourself, Will. If sometimes the situation happens that you could ask her why she wanted to break up, but meanwhile please stop being so hard on yourself. You are a young man with your whole life ahead and this is just the beginning of falling in love for the first time.

If you are good on playing the piano as it seems, please don't stop. It means EVERYTHING that you are doing this with your talent. Keep the song, please. Someday it may just be the start of your amazing talent, and maybe that's what you have to learn from this heartache. We always learn from everything that happens to us, and that is how we grow. Keep on keeping on, Will! As I said before, you seem like a very fine and caring young man, you will go far in life being that way!

Keep posting and say what you are feeling! You are cared for here!

Thanks, I've been playing piano for about 3 -4 years now, all self taught. But yea, it was.... hard to think she couldn't say it herself. Thanks for the welcoming!

Thanks, I've been playing piano for about 3 -4 years now, all self taught. But yea, it was.... hard to think she couldn't say it herself. Thanks for the welcoming!
    That's wonderful to hear you taught yourself how to play the piano, Will! You must be very talented, keep it going! You may have a wonderful career ahead!

I don't mean to make light of the fact that a girl that you deeply cared for chose to break up the way she did, but maybe she just didn't know how to go about it. You can still say 'hello' to her if you see her if you feel you can. It will just show that you took the high road.

You will meet many new people in your life and all kinds of exciting things will happen. Pursue your talents, especially since you have an amazing musical talent, concentrate on your studies, do what you love to do. Go out with your other friends, have some fun and laughs. All kinds of exciting things are headed your way yet.

Thread Information