Thread: Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus

So I'm pretty sure most everyone has seen a video somewhere of her performance at MTV awards, seems most everyone is talking about it. What are your thoughts about Miley then and now, and her performance?

As for me, I never thought I would see her do anything like that. Does anyone know why she did?
    Last edited by Luba; 10-06-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: More on Miley, changed title
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Miley Cyrus

I haven't really followed her so don't know what she did before too much. I wasn't impressed with her VMA award show. Rather put off actually. I guess I don't see the need for any entertainer to be that sexually explicit while performing. She is trying to make headlines and I guess she did. Don't think it is the kind of publicity I would want.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Have not seen it. From what I have read about the performance is that the only thing that is unusual about it is that it was a woman doing these things. But no one seems to bat an eyelash when a male artist does exactly the same thing.

The whole thing is rotten.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

When she says "I didn't think about it", to me, that's kind of sad.

So, what was she thinking?

In her first video interview since her notorious twerking routine at MTV's Video Music Awards on Aug. 25, Miley Cyrus says she wanted to do something people would talk about – not just for days but for years to come.

"Me and Robin [Thicke] the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now,' " Cyrus, 20, says in a video clip recorded last week and obtained by MTV.

"What's amazing is, I think, now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're overthinking it," she says. "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it, 'cause that's just me."

She also name-drops Madonna and Britney Spears as examples of pop stars who shocked VMA viewers with their routines.
    Miley Cyrus Wanted to 'Make History' at the VMAs : People.com
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Re: Miley Cyrus Performs at VMA Awards

I didn't catch the show, I try to stay away from television anymore. It seems there's nothing but sexual content to digest. Maybe I'm just older now and don't care to tolerate it anymore.

I just think it's sad that every newcomer tries to out do the previous ones. Not only that, but Miley was another Lindsay Lohan (sp?), a Disney girl. So, it's just disappointing how they've grown-up and think it's alright to display such vulgar shows of high sexual content.

Little off topic, but I seen a recent movie with Lindsay in it and it was disgusting. Way too sexual even for her. Just can't kick that Disney little girl out of her persona for me.

Re: Miley Cyrus Performs at VMA Awards

Quote Originally Posted by IvyRose View Post
    I just think it's sad that every newcomer tries to out do the previous ones.
    I agree.

Little off topic, but I seen a recent movie with Lindsay in it and it was disgusting. Way too sexual even for her. Just can't kick that Disney little girl out of her persona for me.
    I loved Lindsay in 'Parent Trap'. So sweet!

Though I didn't stay up to watch SNL, I checked out to see what was said about it. While the article said Miley 'ruled' the comments below the story were anything but. Thoughts?

Miley Cyrus rules 'SNL' as host and musical guest

Personally, I think Miley is just out for publicity. She's trying way too hard to stop being seen as a child star and becoming an adult star. I also feel she is very close to a collapse of exhaustion or mental fatigue of the Prozac kind.

I watched her video that people were so livid over and it really wasn't anything unusual for any pop star to do. It was tastefully done and the only difference about her video versus any other pop star was that it was her doing it.

She says that she's fine with all of the heat she's getting from fans as well as some concerned stars, but I am afraid she's getting ready to pop.

Well a month ago i stopped in wrote three paragraph's on my thoughts of this, then my cat stepped on my keyboard and erased it all, so then i was mad and left.... lol.

I'll keep it short this time.

I have no respect for her. I understand child star's grow up, but that's no excuse for her behaviour. She as a person has a responsibility when so many young girl's look up to her. I find her actions to be selfish. I find her to be quite classless of lately. Not only to i think she need's to put some clothes on but she also anger's me with this blatenly promotion of ecxtacy. Again, young girl's everywhere have followed her. Where are her parent's????? Can anybody out there talk some sense into the girl? She's way up there on that horse and need's to come down.......

Not much on her singing at all...... just not my cup of tea. Wrecking ball is a beautiful song, well written, such a shame it went to her, i could imagine some other's doing so much more for it and giving it the true justice it deserves.
    " To thy own self be true..."

Miley is a billionaire. She is thus a law onto herself. She can probably commit murder and get away with it.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I'm wondering if this is just a phase with Miley and she will come through it like Madonna, Britney Spears, and Charlie Sheen have? Once these stars seem to settle down the 'out-there' acts have been forgotten, and they are loved all over again. Thoughts?

Bridgie, I have yet to hear 'Wrecking Ball' though I did see a snippet of the video on some entertainment show that I was scrolling through...
    Last edited by Luba; 10-14-2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Added more thoughts

She will always be famous, but did she earn it or will she be remembered the way brit or madonna? Could be...... i don't think so though.... Miley lack's the depth of character, Madonna and Brit, came from a different place then Miley, and they have worked their butt's off to be where they are. If it were not for Miley's father i don't know that she would be where she is today. She had a step up. I think Miley still has some soul searching to do, just my opinion...She has begun the process, but is she strong enough, honest enough to sail through it? I'm sorry for my negativity! I just really do not have any respect for someone waltzing around half naked influencing the youth in the manner that she is.

Well Luba, you need to pull up youtube and give er a listen, i just listened to a couple good cover's. Such a good song! So raw, the melody is great, alot of power in there, it can be sung with so many inflection's, it's a song to really give it what you got, should be sung from the core! The song has alot of potential.

Oh, Bridgie, you aren't being negative at all by posting your opinion. I totally appreciate that as that's what's being here is all about, IMHO. I think I've still got the younger Miley in my mind's eye and haven't really taken in what she is up to now...

I'm definitely going to make time to check out 'Wrecking Ball', hopefully to-day!

I know, i know, lol, i just dislike that she put's a bad taste in my mouth! Then i have to speak the truth and it is'nt nice, and i think if you don't have anything nice to say then you should'nt say it at all, but i did, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgieBridge View Post
    I know, i know, lol, i just dislike that she put's a bad taste in my mouth! Then i have to speak the truth and it is'nt nice, and i think if you don't have anything nice to say then you should'nt say it at all, but i did, lol.
    LOVE your sense of humour, Bridgie! That's the great thing about life, we can open up to our feelings as long as they don't hurt anybody, and I'm pretty sure Miley doesn't really care what we think judging by how she's been reacting to the negative publicity.

You are very right, Luba! I don't think she cares in the least bit what we may think! That girl is chugging along in her Choo choo train!

Quote Originally Posted by BridgieBridge View Post
    You are very right, Luba! I don't think she cares in the least bit what we may think! That girl is chugging along in her Choo choo train!
    Oh, Bridgie, how many times have I already said "I LOVE your sense of humour!" I can actually envision the choo choo train! Oh, Girl, glad you're back!

-----------------------------

Well, I watched the video and heard the song...and I honestly don't know what to say....the song does hold a lot of power and sung with a lot of feeling...I guess that's all I got.
    Last edited by Luba; 10-15-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added more

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Have not seen it. From what I have read about the performance is that the only thing that is unusual about it is that it was a woman doing these things. But no one seems to bat an eyelash when a male artist does exactly the same thing.

The whole thing is rotten.
    I don't know, I think if a guy was grinding a foam finger into his crotch, bending over for someone dressed like Beetlejuice to dry hump him, and had their nasty white coated tongue stuck out every moment they weren't singing... eyes would be batted.
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

Thank's Luba!

Lol, was the song not your cup of tea Luba? I have an appreciation for raw emotion and true grit!

Um......... yeah....... so...... did anybody see the AMA's? I mean i just don't get it folks!!!! I don't understand how she has any fans at all right now, really! I mean don't get me wrong i love cat's and all....... but um........ really? I could'nt even watch her or even really listen to her sing or the song bc the whole time i was to busy thinking, wtf, and why was this giant ridiculous looking cat here and what the heck is the point in all of this? Is this some sort of joke? Yep, again just not impressed, nope, nope!

I didn't want to sound like a psycho, but uhm...

The Evil Illuminati is alive and well.

There is a ton of information on the internet about Miley Cyrus and the Illuminati.

In fact, the more I read about the Evil Illuminati (as opposed to the good "original" Illuminati,) the more I question reality here in the United States. I've gotten in way too deep into the subject for years, but if this is your first time hearing of this Super Elite Group that is in favor a New World Order, I'll stay quiet so you don't have nightmares like I do.

American Bandstand, Rockin' New Year's Eve... Miley dry-humped a female small person on stage.

Wanted to be the first to say it!

I think Miley is on something. (drugs)

Happy New Year's!

Thread Information