How to stay Positive?

Hi There,

Could you please let me know the ways to stay positive on my work & personal life? I would like to know your thoughts friends!

Re: How to stay Positive?

Quote Originally Posted by enjoy View Post
    Hi There,

Could you please let me know the ways to stay positive on my work & personal life? I would like to know your thoughts friends!
    What a Great thread, and Welcome to Lifesupporters with that Awesome username! That's VERY positive already!

Positivity just doesn't happen if there has been a childhood that was negative, abusive, a child not being heard, listened to, or nurtured in the way a child should be living. That being said, one needs to work out how and why the nurturing never happened and try to deal with that either through talking to therapists, friends, writing in a journal, or praying.

To me, learning and living in positivity has become a Joyous way of life! Waking up in a Grateful frame of mind and taking the time, before rising out of bed, is thinking about all that you are Grateful for. There will come a time when you are SO grateful for so many things, you can stay in bed all day and not want to lose that incredible feeling! So if you need to set your clock to awake earlier to run through your Gratitude I say 'Do it'! It's totally worth it and will colour your day in a way you never dreamt of; you will have more energy to do more things and catch yourself smiling throughout the day, how awesome is that? You will also find that people and situations don't bring you down as much and you don't get into that Drama.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Hi Enjoy,

I'm glad I found this thread as this is exactly something I'm asking too & working on. I tend to be a very negative person & there's a person quite close to me that's also experiencing a difficult time remaining positive. I really have my up & down days & it can be frustrating when I have a really good day & happy with everything I have, only to feel the complete opposite the following day.

A good friend of mine once told me to take things day by day - something that's often said yet I'd never put into practice. I'd still find myself worrying about the day before & the following day. I'd never live in the present. Over the last few days in particular, I have taken her advice & to my surprise, I have had a lovely few days! I took each day, just thought about that day & what needed to be done, little things I could do to make it extra nice (meeting a friend, catch up coffee with a family member). I focued on that day & didn't think of the following day until I woke up.

I also set myself a little list of goals each day/week. Nothing big - just small things such as text this person/ organise a catch up with that person/ go for a walk. Very very simple but once you start ticking the small things off your list, you feel good & that you've acheived something & it makes you feel positive.

I've started to feel that if I can really take one day at a time, I look at it as in that's my goal - can I stay positive until the end of the day & it's only a few hours when you think of it & once I can do that, each day will eventually come naturally to me & I'll wake up each morning without having to try - I'll just feel good!

I wish you the best of luck & keep me posted. I'd love to hear how you're getting on as it's the same challenge I'm facing at the moment too so maybe we can give each other tips

Good luck!

Wonderful answer! It will be very useful for me to stay positive! Thanks a lot for spending your time and providing me a thoughtful answer!

God bless you!

Hello Enjoy

Like you, i too have an issue in staying positive. Im a very lucky person to have some great friends and family, so i guess that gives me a huge advantage over many other people.

I work in a job i love, but sadly the company is managed in a dreadful way. They show know respect to employees, they treat them like dirt and its a revolving door of workers going through the place. I have been there for almost 5 1/2 years and quite frankly, i dont know how i have lasted.

Aged 52, blue collar worker with no trade or qualifications, it isnt easy to get a new job, even though i have excellent work ethics and i do strive hard to perform my duties well.

I guess the only thing that keeps me going is that i know for every minute i work there, i put one more mouthful of food on the families plate. Every hour earns a new shirt, or pays for the airconditioning that we so badly need in Australia. Every few days of work, well that means i can afford next weeks rent and as such, my family will be comfy and safe for just a little while longer.

It may sound odd, but breaking it down like that, well, i can see that im gradually getting ahead and that the mental torture that this company puts you through, i can see it isnt beating me.

When i return home after work, the horrors go away because im back with my friends and family and thats when i realise that although it can be incredibly hard, the bit of pain i suffered day time is not worth a second of the enjoyment that i have at night.

I just hope it gets better, bit by bit and day by day

I thought this is a good thread to bump up for those members or guests looking around for a helpful topic.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Super idea Luba. Staying positive in this day and age is so hard with all the stresses we face.

I think a good way of staying positive is to do something you enjoy at least once a day .

It might just be as simple as listening to your favourite song, having that delicious cup of coffee you save for weekends or one I use a lot, using your special perfume to wear to work instead of keeping it hidden away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Super idea Luba. Staying positive in this day and age is so hard with all the stresses we face.

I think a good way of staying positive is to do something you enjoy at least once a day .

It might just be as simple as listening to your favourite song, having that delicious cup of coffee you save for weekends or one I use a lot, using your special perfume to wear to work instead of keeping it hidden away.
    Great thoughts in your post, Rosie!

I now, upon waking up, immediately think a Gratitude thought or two, sometimes a lot take over and I LOVE that! It's just so much easier to start the day that way and then get up, look for adventure in life or a book, have a good laugh even if it's an old joke or story, and see the wonderful beauty around however small or big.

I, too, agree it's of no use to keep things for a 'special time' as every moment is special really.

I wonder if we have a thread here about Laughter and the Joy that can bring to any time, any day? If I remember, I'll have to 'search' for that here.

Sometimes even dark humour helps when as doctors and nurses attest to all that they see.

I, too, agree it's of no use to keep things for a 'special time' as every moment is special really
    So right Luba - every day, every moment is special.

Normally I wear all my chill out clothes around the house, keeping all my good stuff for work or that "special" occasion. Tomorrow I plan to wear some of them just to go shopping.

I've struggled with staying positive my entire life and to this day have issues with it. For the most part its simply a case of staying positive through sheer will but if your hearts not in it then are you really there?

It's really easy to believe it's simply a case of mind over matter especially when you're in a place in your life where being content is commonplace.

For many though daily life can hold some difficult choices. Angst, financial pressures, family issues, social issues, or even bad luck all take there toll.

At the end of the day I think this is where friends actually help the most as they represent a positive distraction that can help boost your spirits.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    At the end of the day I think this is where friends actually help the most as they represent a positive distraction that can help boost your spirits.
    Most of us live with a fake positive attitude as we go about our daily routines. We smile to our loved ones daily, we laugh at jokes from our colleagues, we support others when we ourselves are down.

It takes friendship by one special person or a group of people that, as you rightly say Duke, gives us the boost we need.

It is when you do not have that support it becomes harder to focus on positives in ones life and this is where I personally thank you for creating Lifesupporters.

I do not have a friend group to keep me positive, I do not have family to keep me positive, I do not have work colleagues to keep me positive, it is the daily ability I have to come to Lifesupporters and create threads, voice my thoughts, offer up my feelings that gives me a boost to remain positive even on my deepest days.

I have the beginnings of a long term online friendship (Luba) which I am cherishing and I see you displaying more positive attitude than you think, with the way you post.

For me I like this quote :

"Positive anything is better than negative nothing."
    Elbert Hubbard

Just so you know Rosie, you do have friends to help keep you positive; at least around here you do.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Just so you know Rosie, you do have friends to help keep you positive; at least around here you do.
    Thank you Duke Value that comment so much

Thread Information