Thread: MIL issues?!

MIL issues?!

Okay, my MIL and I are no longer on speaking terms. This happened on Easter when she fed my 3 month old banana pudding without asking. Now this upset me but I brushed it off and asked her not to give her anymore. Not even a minute later, I walk in the house and she is giving my lo another bite! Really?! I took my daughter from her and left. This completely blew up after she got on fb later and made a post about how I ruined her Easter and that my rules with my child are ridiculous. She made herself out to be the victim and wanted to act as if I never allow her to do anything with my child. That it's ridiculous that she has to ask to feed her. Who in their right mind gives a 3 month old banana pudding?! Well it's been going on about 4 months now and she has made no attempt to try to talk to me about the situation. I'm starting to feel bad for my FIL because all this is affecting him. He's not seeing his grand baby because of this issue with his wife. He completely understands my reasonings for not bring her around, too. I still feel bad. Idk if I should continue to stand my ground or try to speak to my MIL and work things out?!

Re: MIL issues?!

Hi Ashee

I can imagine the hugely hard spot you are in and really do feel sorry for you.. All i can say is that hurt as it may, is it possible to prove that you are the better person and try and resolve the issues?

I know its hard but im thinking of the Grandfather not seeing his grandcild and vice versa, plus your husband must be feeling bad and well, i guess if you can somehow smooth things over it will show that you are well above her.

Im not saying immediately forgive and forget.....more just get back onto amicable terms and then try and progress from there.

Is that an option?

Re: MIL issues?!

Welcome to Lifesupporters, Ashee!

I agree totally with Snooks!

Taking the high road is best even though it's sometimes incredibly difficult. Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing and how the situation proceeds. Every post helps someone in the same situation!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information