Thread: My daughter !

My daughter !

Hi I am new to this site so please be kind.
    I am so upset with my daughter. We have drifted apart over the last 5 years.

She is gay and had been living with this woman for the past few years. This woman is very maliputive and controlling, appears to have control over my daughter.

My daughter has been bought up by my husband from the age of ten. She disclosed to be 4years ago that he touched her breasts when she was 12 years old. This was the one and only time. (she is now 34). She wanted me to leave my husband or forget her. I cannot get my head round why she has left this so long to tell me. If she had done so at the time he would not be here now. My husband was confronted by me, he admitted this. I question where was I? Apparently I was working.

Anyhow nothing appeared to be wrong at home, life went on. They got on like a house on fire. He taught her how to fix computers, they used to cycle with his dad and others on a Sunday. Anything to do with health she appeared to go to him and not me, so I don't understand.

My daughter moved away and for two years she did not speak to me. She even blocked her sisters on facebook too. Then my mum died last year and funny this she appeared back. Asking me for money help. I used to go visit her etc.

Then about 4 months ago she told me both her and her partner had wonga'd both there wages and they could not feed themselves, so I said I would send them a food shop down. I happened to mention that dad had paid for this, and suddenly she does not want it no more. My attitude then was starve then.

She is getting married on the 18th October, and I have not been invited. I have even paid for her hall and reception. Which apparently now she has cancelled both and going to another venue where everyone pays for themselves. So she has pocked the money.

I do sling her a text once a week to say I am still here. Its her birthday on the 6th too.

I am sorry I am ranting. Don't know who can help!

Maybe you think I should leave my hubby and why am I still with him. But time has passed. I wont forget!

I thought about writing to her too. I feel she has destroyed us!

Re: My daughter !

Welcome to Lifesupporters, Calamityjane.

I just want you to know I read your post and want to think of a response for you before making one that isn't thought-through.

My first thought is to take care of yourself first as your daughter is now a grown woman and has her own life.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information